barclays hoping that i cave

i really dont get the bank i got a letter back over the time i gave them saying "i dont think your right but we will offer about 1rd of what claim is :confused:
which i rang them up and questioned it they said "we aint in the wrong but we willing to pay up"
that was after i put a court claim in which gives them about till the 2nd
what happens after that as part of me wished that i took the grand

plz help

olley

Comments

• newmum1
    newmum1 Posts: 1,341
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    sorrry not sure what you mean are you saying that they offered you £1000 which you turned down???
  • yeh thats right in total the claim was for about 2780 they offered me a grand after i filed a claim and i got the letter the next day

just wanted to know what happens next really
  • Lizzy
    Lizzy Posts: 385 Forumite
    No no don't worry. On about the 1st they will acknowledge the claim. They then have a further 14 days to enter a defence. They will do that the day before. Barclays are one of the worst. You really need to get a grip on this they really try it on. Next you will be sent an Allocation Questionaire to fill in and then more paperwork. I think you need to go over to the CAG and follow the Barclays thread. They are hoping you will give up..........Barclays will fight to the bitter end often settling the day before court. This is not at all unusual. You are just not prepared.
    Spend a couple of days reading up on the CAG and see where you are going.

Lizzy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport