Cheap holiday ideas

Options
Desperate to get away with the kids. Just looking for inspiration and ideas on how to make the holidays cheap but exciting like the kids are going on an adventure and so my partner and I feel we are getting away from things. Any money saving ideas welcome. X:money:

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,820 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
    camping, kids love camping, second hand stuff is cheap & you don't really need "camping" equipment a lot of the time. A week in high season £20 a night for the pitch
  • Chriatie16
    Options
    Thank you I did think about camping but not sure our tent is in a good state so would have to buy another one. Done Geocaching before but could be done again. Was hoping to go away overnight. Thanks for the ideas. :j
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Premier Inn's are child friendly and do some good deals, could maybe chose somewhere that's got free kids events on?

House swaps are a popular money saving idea. In all honesty im not sure I'd do it! Where abouts are you/ would like to go? Might help with idea's ��
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Youth Hostels. You can get family rooms, go self catering to keep the cost down, fully equipped kitchens just take food. Good locations, go for walks, take suitable footwear.
    http://www.yha.org.uk/

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    Youth Hostels. You can get family rooms, go self catering to keep the cost down, fully equipped kitchens just take food. Good locations, go for walks, take suitable footwear.
    http://www.yha.org.uk/

Ilona

Second this ... however as more food for thought some do have tipis that sleep 4. Such as http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/coniston-holly-how
    Loads to do around Coniston too.

yha-coniston-holly-how.jpg
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    where are you . where do you want to go to . when . whats your budget . do you drive . whats your transport plans . what do you like to do. rough age and how many kids . camping can be fun but get a decent tent and you can do it again . kids love it
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • ShAnE
    ShAnE Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    greenface wrote: »
    where are you . where do you want to go to . when . whats your budget . do you drive . whats your transport plans . what do you like to do. rough age and how many kids . camping can be fun but get a decent tent and you can do it again . kids love it

Tongue in cheek, but have you ever heard of a question mark?
    Current Debt: 0%.
    Current House Deposit: 7%.
  • mair1234
    mair1234 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    What about glamping instead of camping?! A friend of mine got a deal on LittleBird and stayed in a bell tent on an organic farm with her family. They did a 4-night stay and did lots of cycling/outdoorsy things. Apparently it was a really beautiful place!
  • colcheslad
    colcheslad Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How about Warwick Castle?

https://www.treatwell.co.uk/place/spa-naturel-at-mercure-brandon-hall-hotel-and-spa/?utm_source=affiliate-window&utm_medium=revenue-share&utm_campaign=47868&utm_content=0#osr=SPA_BREAK&offerId=829657&venueId=121

For £169 for 2 adults and 2 kids (not sure how many kids you have!):

Overnight stay in an executive room - Check in time 2pm, check out time 12pm
    20% off any pre booked treatments
    Two adults and two children (3-12 years) entrance tickets to Warwick Castle
    Dinner included
    Breakfast the following morning
    Full use of the spa facilities which include:
    Swimming pool
    Gym
    Steam room
    Sauna
    Relaxation rooms

Seems to have lots of availability from now until the end of Summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure