PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th July 2017

Options

Comments

• dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Had a lovely belated birthday meal X

Ground floor vacuumed
    1xwm done
    Tv stand dusted

Tap cancelled as principal has lost her voice. so more time for flying.
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 10 July 2017 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Really nice to see so many 'old faces' posting; well done, dancemum, for the FB post x
    Fayolle wrote: »
    fingers crossed Froddington that you get the answer that you want from work.
    ionafan wrote: »
    Hope you get good news today, Froddy.

Thanks for thinking of me - unfortunately, I am stuck there until Christmas barring a miracle :( At least I finally know where I stand and can start planning ahead!

No flying except for WU; Parents' Evening went well though - 50% of my class came (3 out of 6 sets of parents!).

Will aim for a MAD half hour when I get home tomorrow - aiming for 5:30 - so may 'see' some of you then x
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 1
    Wipe tables and chairs - DONE

Level 2
    Empty bin
    Clear sides and wipe down - DNE
    Wipe kettle and other small appliances - DONE
    Empty toaster and wipe crumb tray - DONE
    Check fridge and fruit bowl for anything that needs using or flinging. - DONE

Level 3
    Clean hob and extractor hood
    Vacuum and mop floor

Extras

MAD half hour - post yours! - paperwork - finally did current year household income forms for DD's student finance (due to reduction in income) - ready to post tomorrow
    HHI - DONE 45mins

Household accounts - are they up-to-date? Budget on track?
    If your weather forecast suits - and you're up to date with your laundry - wash any throws ready for winter. - DONE when nice weather started
    Check you meal plan for the week - can you double up on one meal to make a freezer filler ready for a lazy day. - n/a - we don't really meal plan..... :o

Tuesday Twinkles Bathrooms, Shower Rooms and Cloakrooms

Level 1
    Open window
    Empty waste bins
    Wipe shower screen or wash shower curtain
    Clean shower tray
    Clean taps, pipes and shower head
    Wipe tiles down

Level 2
    Dust windowsill
    Clean windows
    Polish any mirrors
    Scrub toilet
    Wipe down outside of toilet

Level 3
    Clean pull cord and door handles
    Scrub basins
    Polish taps
    Polish towel rail
    sweep/mop floor

Extras
    S&S kitchen - keep it tidy
    Wash towels in a hot wash
    Put out fresh fluffy towels
    MAD half hour - spend ONLY half an hour on a huge task - throw yourself in it then stop after 30 minutes. You can come back to it another day
    Don't forget yourself - do something for YOU even if it's only a quiet time with a book!
    [/QUOTE]

Not as much done today as would have liked as spent afternoon watching DS2 in school play (far more important than housework :D)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Blimey so many people I can't keep up!:hello::hello:
    Waving to everyone!

I've done a long day at the paid stuff, two loads of washing, level one of the list, (this was hard as there were many dirty windows) plus I beeswaxed the table, swished the bog and sink, emptied the bathroom bin and now I'm sitting down.
    Phew!
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for thinking of me - unfortunately, I am stuck there until Christmas barring a miracle :( At least I finally know where I stand and can start planning ahead!

Shame, but I suppose it will give you time to think and plan and it will probably go quicker than you think.

Pick 'n' mix today:
    - went to Clubbercise
    - tidied away a lot of stuff from the kitchen
    - vacuumed all downstairs - kitchen, hall, lounge/diner
    - cleared and cleaned dining room table ready for student.
    - started to do a bit of MAD clearing of paperwork from office
    - just getting paperwork ready for assessment tomorrow
    - 1 load washing done, hung out, brought in dry
    - Mr N did a shop at Mr T with MIL
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quick listy update... Kitchen tidied, surfaces cleared and wiped, floors swept and fridge inspected. Meal plan about to be imagined up. It will involve spinach and courgettes...

I spent my MAD on paperwork. I have dented it but not cleared it. That might be another MAD tomorrow.

FFP - I do pretty much the same as others have said for packed lunches. DH would eat a ham sandwich every day given the chance, so he gets some sort of salad with a carb or a meal from leftovers to heat up. When I make a quiche, I portion it up and freeze it so that I can pull a slice out to go with his salad. On a really lucky day, I let him have a ham sandwich as a treat!! :rotfl: I also try to meal plan lunches for the week but they are interchangeable. I think that was a really helpful tip from Lynnejk, as it had never occurred to me before :o
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all - waves :hello:

Taken me ages to read through but great to read everyone's news :D We actually had some sunshine yesterday but back to normal today with grey clouds and rain. I think I'm turning Scottish because I'm soooo pale - I've only sat out in the sun about six days this year so far :rotfl:

Did the dailies
    Kitchen WUDUPA, all bunkers and the hob cleaned. I have found the best way to keep the sink drain clear is going back to neat bleach and boiling water (instead of all other 'stuff')- forgot I knew that and it's such a cheap option as well.
    I also ran around and dusted everything everywhere.

MAD today was some more files whilst watching Wimbles. What an exciting day eh !!

Hugs all round, sticks and spoons where needed
    Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Hi all x
    I've failed miserably with the list today absolutely hee haw done. Anyway tackled a bit of washing so I suppose that's something :o
    I'm chuckling at being on page 3, stick some old timers in the mix :rotfl: although it's still pitiful remember when 3 pages could be done in jig time just with HHCs ;)
    Thanks to all for the lunch ideas, I took a box of cereal bars in today for my 10 o'clock break but I think for next week I'll just take a box of cereal as that's my breakfast time anyway instead of sandwiches followed by sandwiches at lunch. Going to make a pasta dish tomorrow for dinner so I'll save some for wed lunch. I'm having soup tomorrow for a change.

Will endeavour to do better with the lists tomorrow when I get home :)

Night all x
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry Lynne, I misread that as watching the Wombles! :rotfl: Was very nearly jealous. Must learn not to skim read....
    An unexpected no work day today, so no excuses. I'm just making a list of the errands that I must do at some point, then later there will be no excuses for not tackling the list. My MAD will be the paperwork / budget backlog. Ironing pile cleared already, but in truth it wasn't exactly a pile, more of a bump so not as virtuous as it sounds.
    Catch you later x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. I'm in, better late than never. Thanks for the lists and great to see all the posters.

However, all the reading leaves little time for flying!

Yesterday I just did (as Piggers would say) the Mondailies. This morning I have eaten and washed up. About to clean the hall before getting dressed and walking the dogs. Then it will be time for the paid stuff.

FBO - good luck with your temp job. I am loving my temp assignments. At the moment I am the technical 'expert'. If only they could see me with my book for 'dummies'.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family