PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread Saturday 27th May

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

The usual suspects for thread starting must be enjoying a lie in :D

Looking a bit ominous weather wise here but its still so muggy be glad of a storm if it can get rid of that.

Yesterday I faffed too much so not a lot of cleaning done leaving it now for this weekend.

The celebrant rang yesterday and wants to meet today so thats me off mum visiting again and will of course have to involve lunch.

Managed a little time in the garden with a book and a g and t which was momentarily relaxing

Hands are so sore today :( this cream doesnt seem to be working so I guess its going to have be a doctor visit which I have no idea when I can fit that one in...maybe after the funeral if its still bad

Anyway I hope you all have a lovely bank holiday weekend

:A
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Nels[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] I hope you're OK, I'm thinking of you xx[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]What's wrong with your hands? Mine get sore from dermatitis if I don't rinse them properly after washing up, etc, I use Sudocrem for a couple of days and it clears right up.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When miss tru was little, we watched Beauty And The Beast and she asked if there was one with real live people. She asked the same question each time we watched it til she considered herself too old to watch it anymore, lol. Imagine my excitement when they first announced they were making it with real live people, I couldn't wait for her to come home from work so I could tell her :D A few days ago, we locked ourselves in, closed the curtains and sat on the sofa with chocolate – with a few treats for Scampi so he didn't feel left out and to distract from the wolves on the screen, lol – and enjoyed every second of the film :D[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Except for the beast's song, I didn't like that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's been far too hot for me. The first day was OK, I stayed out of the sun and kept quite cool but after that it was very muggy and there was no escape. I've been pottering around the house as slowly as possible and drinking loads of water but still end each day in a wilting mess, lol. It rained overnight and there's a breeze this morning, it feels a bit fresher, hopefully it'll last all day.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've just been clearing up after myself and no-one else, which isn't difficult because I like to tidy up as I go, rather than leave things then have a tidying session. So I haven't had to make much effort at all and everything is easy. Master tru and his girlfriend will be halfway to Cornwall by now, I won't see them for a week. There will be so many clean, dry towels that I won't know where to store them, lol. Mr and miss are both working all day, as soon as they leave I'm going to jump in the shower with Soap & Glory goodies and posh shampoo and conditioner. By posh, I mean Herbal Essences instead of my usual supermarket own brand :D Then I'll do whatever I feel like, or not. I don't actually have a plan yet, lol.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Nelski I am glad that you have managed a little bit of time to yourself. I hope that the meeting with the celebrant goes well. I'll be thinking of you (hugs)

I woke up about 6.00am and couldn’t get back to sleep so I stripped the bed and got the bedding in the wm. That should dry in no time on the line today.

Today I had planned on doing a roast using up a half of a chicken that I had in the freezer and then I was going to use the rest up with salad and new potatoes for Sunday and Monday, I’ve changed that plan because it is too hot for a roast dinner so will have it with a salad today and some cake from the freezer for dessert.

Yesterday I didn’t go for the walk that I had planned because it was too hot and I thought I would just melt, so stayed at home and relaxed in the garden popping in and out to cool down.

I usually meet a friend for coffee in town on a Saturday, it is our weekly treat. Today a group of us are meeting a bit later and going to a pub for a drink at lunchtime instead, we like to do this and people watch in their beer garden in the summer. We all take some sandwiches with us and then go to the park to eat them for our lunch when we leave there.

Time for some more tea, and some Greek yogurt and berries for my breakfast.

Have a good day everyone. Take care x
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs Nelski and thanks for the thread.
    I was in bed and asleep by 8:30 and slept through until I was woken by thunder and lightening just before 6 this morning. I've only been managing 3 hours sleep a night so really needed to catch up and as it was raining we stayed in bed a bit longer.
    The rain has stopped and the sun is breaking through the clouds now.

We will start painting as soon as the boat is dry and sanding at 9am we don't have any near neighbours so shouldn't disturb anyone.

We have DGD6 staying tonight and friends visiting as well so I will stock up on beer and nibbles.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    tru wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Nels[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] I hope you're OK, I'm thinking of you xx[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]What's wrong with your hands? Mine get sore from dermatitis if I don't rinse them properly after washing up, etc, I use Sudocrem for a couple of days and it clears right up.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When miss tru was little, we watched Beauty And The Beast and she asked if there was one with real live people. She asked the same question each time we watched it til she considered herself too old to watch it anymore, lol. Imagine my excitement when they first announced they were making it with real live people, I couldn't wait for her to come home from work so I could tell her :D A few days ago, we locked ourselves in, closed the curtains and sat on the sofa with chocolate – with a few treats for Scampi so he didn't feel left out and to distract from the wolves on the screen, lol – and enjoyed every second of the film :D[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Except for the beast's song, I didn't like that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's been far too hot for me. The first day was OK, I stayed out of the sun and kept quite cool but after that it was very muggy and there was no escape. I've been pottering around the house as slowly as possible and drinking loads of water but still end each day in a wilting mess, lol. It rained overnight and there's a breeze this morning, it feels a bit fresher, hopefully it'll last all day.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've just been clearing up after myself and no-one else, which isn't difficult because I like to tidy up as I go, rather than leave things then have a tidying session. So I haven't had to make much effort at all and everything is easy. Master tru and his girlfriend will be halfway to Cornwall by now, I won't see them for a week. There will be so many clean, dry towels that I won't know where to store them, lol. Mr and miss are both working all day, as soon as they leave I'm going to jump in the shower with Soap & Glory goodies and posh shampoo and conditioner. By posh, I mean Herbal Essences instead of my usual supermarket own brand :D Then I'll do whatever I feel like, or not. I don't actually have a plan yet, lol.[/FONT]

:beer:

Not totally sure Tru at the beginning of summer I somehow managed to burn them in the sun and since then I have had so many problems with them. I am prone to stress eczema so I think thats a part of it but all I know is they are so painful today :(

Enjoy you luxurious shower and why not use 2 or even 3 clean towels ..just because you can lol
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I get stress eczema too, it appears on my shoulders and the back of my upper arms. It's there now funnily enough, no surprise there, lol, but is calming down at the moment. I've found the pharmacist more useful than a GP for things like this, might be worth popping to your local chemist.

Yes I will use plenty of towels. Clean, fresh towels - bliss!
    Bulletproof
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the thread Nelski.

It seems that the forecasted overnight torrential rain didn't appear and the morning is bright so I may have to water the garden this morning. I have to go out to collect a parcel which needs signed for.

Last night the wee gathering was so much nicer than I expected it to be. We sat in the garden way past it being dark enough for comfort. Because only a small number was invited it was relaxed and convivial. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, thank goodness. Everyone left together at 12.30, the son of one couple came to collect them. The 'next door' farmer just walked down the straight road and the others crammed into the little Corsa along with two dogs!

After they had gone I cleared up, brought the garden chairs in, binned the empties and loaded the dishwasher. There will be a lot of putting away of stuff today. All in all, despite my dread, a lovely time was had by all.

Today will be a day of restoration and relaxation!

I wish the same for everyone here, happy Saturday.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 May 2017 at 8:37AM
    Options
    Morning all.

Hope today goes ok Nelski.

Tru You enjoy that long soak in the shower with your luxurious smellies and lovely clean towels :) Btw, I hope you haven't been making tea for anyone recently ;)

Not had much to say for myself recently. Usual ongoing woes keeping me awake at night and grinding my teeth during the day :o

I'd describe my current mood as rather down and I have been pondering just giving up, packing a rucksack and disappearing into the Wide Blue Yonder...or is it Wild Blue Yonder :think: ....seeing as I don't know, I probably wouldn't get very far :doh: :cool:

Anyway, I have work this morning..so my imminent escape plan is hold hold till later :p

Hope you all have a good weekend :A
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Look after yourself Nelski.
    Glad your evening went well Gers and you enjoyed it.

We had a lovely day yesterday, cycled round the island, had a picnic, spent lots of time on the beach and I even went for a dip - it was so cold I lasted about 30 seconds! It did cool me down though and was a welcome relief from the hot, hot sun.

The sun is shining again this morning but I think we are forecast rain later. We'll go for a walk then head up to Glasgow for a mooch around and a curry.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Take care. XX
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Thanks for the thread Nelski and hope your hands feel better soon.

Had a long lie-in this morning and have only just got up, first time in a while and feel better for it.
    It's already warm here and we are set for another hot one so meals outside & generally chilling is the rule of the day.
    Tilly is healing well although the wound is itchy and I have to watch her, the onesie is now off and she has a blow up collar for nighttime.
    Hope you enjoy your pamper session TRU and well done on the only clearing up after yourself.
    Glad you enjoyed your soir!e Gers :)

Right time for another cuppa, have a good day everyone and take care folks x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure