Which Tattoo studio is best in scotland?

pinkpinkfizz
pinkpinkfizz Posts: 533 Forumite
edited 9 October 2012 at 12:40PM in Scotland
Thats a big question!

I wondered where to book a tattoo? Anywhere from Aberdeen to Glasgow, Inverness to Edinburgh?

I would like good quality, good colour and detailed work?
If anyone wanted to post pics of their tats that would be cool too. :cool2:

P.s. I'm going to be in aberdeen the day I want to get it done (birthday) but live in Inverness (already had some done there) and I'm prepared to travel for good work.

Thanks in advance,

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
pinkpinkfizz

I :heartpuls MSE

Comments

• Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Well, not sure if it's the best in Scotland, but I have a tattoo place right across the road from where I work called Trevs house of tattoos. It seems quite busy and I've never heard a bad word against them...
    It's on Princes Street in Perth.
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• xxlaurissaxx
    xxlaurissaxx Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    I go to Petes in Dalkeith near Edinburgh. He is spot on, very clean and well priced. I wouldnt go anywhere else. xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Draconian on George St in Aberdeen is very good.

I've also been very impressed with the work of Sarah Street from Tribe in Edinburgh. Although she may have recently moved to a new studio.

Clive Billham from Southampton also works in Scotland occasionally & he is truly excellent. :)
  • (Land_of)_Maz
    (Land_of)_Maz Posts: 11,738 Forumite
    mwilletts wrote: »
    Well, not sure if it's the best in Scotland, but I have a tattoo place right across the road from where I work called Trevs house of tattoos. It seems quite busy and I've never heard a bad word against them...
    It's on Princes Street in Perth.

I can also vouch for Trev's place...! my OH has a few by him...
    I'm just a seething mass of contradictions....
    (it's part of my charm!)
  • pogofish wrote: »
    Draconian on George St in Aberdeen is very good.

I've also been very impressed with the work of Sarah Street from Tribe in Edinburgh. Although she may have recently moved to a new studio.

Clive Billham from Southampton also works in Scotland occasionally & he is truly excellent. :)

I have heard bad things about that place, and one of them was that the tattoo was squint? :confused: It was years ago I heard it and it may be different now I suppose. xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I don't know the work of anyone else from there, so I can't really comment on their overall performance. Was about 2001/2002 that I first came to know of her work there.

Everyone I've know to have had work there has been more than happy, although nearly (if not all) have been inked by Sarah & the quality of her work & distinctive style of her own designs tend to stand well above many others. :)

But I'm pretty certain I heard that she had moved-on, so it might be worth checking to see where she is now.
  • I found draconian on George street very good and really pleasant people
    travelover
  • frugallass
    frugallass Posts: 2,320
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Terry's in Glasgow has a good reputation - they do have a website - they didn't do appointments when I was last there a couple of years ago

They're very clean and the banter is great and 2 years down the line my tattoo looks brand new

The only thing I didn't like is the 'open plan' studio - I'd have preferred a bit of privacy - maybe they do offer that but I wasn't aware of it
  • The guy in nairn is supposed to be really good.
    And there is a place in Bishopmill in elgin and ive seen some of their work its pretty good.
    The place in keith in the square that is supposed to be great.
    That mrs macchicken to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport