christmas hampers 2015

Comments

• These are such great ideas for hampers! Has anyone got any ideas for a family one? 2 adults and 2 kids under 10? I considered the movie type one.
    Also does anyone know where you can buy really cheap baskets or something to put the stuff in??
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've done a nice ice cream themed family hamper before, which was very well received. I bought some of those ice cream dishes (like these: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41tFtoN1eXL.jpg) and spoons, a book with ice cream sundae recipes, and included lots of syrups, sauces and sprinkles etc.

You might even get inexpensive ice cream dishes or something similar from the Poundland summer barbecue range at the moment.
  • Roseh2104 wrote: »
    These are such great ideas for hampers! Has anyone got any ideas for a family one? 2 adults and 2 kids under 10? I considered the movie type one.
    Also does anyone know where you can buy really cheap baskets or something to put the stuff in??

If you do a movie hamper, you could use a giant popcorn box for a hamper , try looking on ebay/amazon, i did one a couple years ago, i actually used a cardboard box, which i cut down, i cover it with brown paper, and then printed off some film cells, movie ticket, action thing (that the director uses) and stuck them to the side of the box. i got some plastic reusable popcorn tubes from ebay, but have see them at homebargains before, you can also get cardboard ones.
    put in bags of sweets, pringles, dips, xmas movie, hot choc, or bottle of pop, paper cups and wrap with cello wrap and a big bow :) hth
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • also could do a sweet/dessert hamper, game hamper (something suitable for kids ages, twister, hungry hippo, pictionary etc) a xmas hamper, with novely hats, crackers, bells, movie, snowman soup etc, or do them a xmas eve hamper for them instead, with reindeer food, xmas bed hats, snowman soup, xmas dvd etc xx
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • Roseh2104
    Roseh2104 Posts: 39 Forumite
    betterlife wrote: »
    If you do a movie hamper, you could use a giant popcorn box for a hamper , try looking on ebay/amazon, i did one a couple years ago, i actually used a cardboard box, which i cut down, i cover it with brown paper, and then printed off some film cells, movie ticket, action thing (that the director uses) and stuck them to the side of the box. i got some plastic reusable popcorn tubes from ebay, but have see them at homebargains before, you can also get cardboard ones.
    put in bags of sweets, pringles, dips, xmas movie, hot choc, or bottle of pop, paper cups and wrap with cello wrap and a big bow :) hth

Thanks Betterlife! I'll take a look in homebargains over the weekend :) x
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 August 2015 at 9:26AM
    I bought a few giant popcorn boxes in PoundWorld, a couple of years ago. They still have them in from time to time so worth looking. Alternatively, my Asda do a large cardboard popcorn box, full of popcorn for a few £s, you could eat the popcorn and use the container. My Asda is a large one, located close to a cinema, so don't know if they're available everywhere.

I've had an idea of doing my teenage son a Bonfire hamper. He adores bonfires, must be all those years at cubs;). Uusally I get him some mystic fire sachets and put them in his stocking, but I've thought I might buy these this year, as I'm lacking extras I could get him.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aurora-ConesTM-colour-changing-approx/dp/B00AUK3DZ4

Don't know what to add to it though other than scarf, hat, gloves which we already have plenty of. Ideas welcome.
  • Queen.Bess
    Queen.Bess Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Hi everyone, I love the ideas of hampers for friends and people have put in a lot of thought to what hampers can have! Can I ask what people use at the 'hampers'? Is there a shop that sells baskets relatively cheaply? Or do people do something different?

Can't believe there's just 126 days to go and I'm determined not to leave it til the last minute this year and end up panic buying!
    Official DFW Nerd Club #20 :cool: Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D DFW Long Hauler #109 :o

Slowly, Slowly = Oct '09: £30693, Aug '15: £14820. Could Be Debt Free April 2020, but hoping for sooner!
  • Queen.Bess wrote: »
    Can't believe there's just 126 days to go

Not long now :rudolf:

http://www.xmasclock.com/
  • Queen.Bess wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I love the ideas of hampers for friends and people have put in a lot of thought to what hampers can have! Can I ask what people use at the 'hampers'? Is there a shop that sells baskets relatively cheaply? Or do people do something different?

Can't believe there's just 126 days to go and I'm determined not to leave it til the last minute this year and end up panic buying!

it depends on what i am putting in it and how big, i have used plastic baskets from the pound shop when its been big things, or wee cardboard boxes from card shops for smaller hampers. kids hampers if its based on a character i try to get a box with that character on it.
    DEBT
    31/12/2018 = £21,740.10 - 31/12/2019 = £18,581.29 (14.53% PD)
    31/01/2020 - £18,685.22 (14.05% PD)
  • amysb86
    amysb86 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Loving reading hamper ideas, iv finished 3 of mine for all my brothers in laws... made all them all a pub in a box.
    Basket from £land brought in june as had them out for fathers day
    Two bottles of beer
    Pint tankard
    Pork Scratchings
    Nuts
    SScampi fries
    Bacon fries
    Crisps
    Beer mats
    And each of them got a mini pub game, pool darts and pub quiz .
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20150816_172941.jpg

Cost me just over £7 each.. just got to do tags and wrap :-) :-)
    Savings £2000
    Emergency fund £200
    Credit card  £600
    Christmas savings 0

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business