How long does an NHS Pension contribution refund take?

Hi, my daughter has recently moved from her job in the NHS and has requested a refund of her NHS pension contributions.

Does anybody have any idea how long this would take:confused: . She was in the pension for approximately 15 months.

Thanks in advance.

Carol

Comments

• CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I don't know the answer, but its a very good scheme and its unwise to leave it.
  • cazziej
    cazziej Posts: 321
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    CLAPTON wrote: »
    I don't know the answer, but its a very good scheme and its unwise to leave it.

Hi Clapton, I agree with you, I have been in it for the past 11 years and wouldn't dream of giving it up. However, she is 19, desperate for money and will think about starting a new pension in the future.

Thanks.

Carol
  • Barbiegirl_2
    Barbiegirl_2 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Hi

I used to work for the NHS. I contributed for less than 2 years. The rebate took about 4 weeks to go through in my case. I doubt you will be waiting longer than that. Good luck.
  • when my hubby came out we lost hope it took ages, then about 4/5 months later we recieved it, but a chunk missing on some kind of fee (2 years worth)
    " I'm just a simple janitor, who can control people with my mind"
  • EdInvestor
    EdInvestor Posts: 15,749 Forumite
    They will take off money to buy you back into the state second pension and also to repay tax relief.
    Trying to keep it simple...;)
  • cazziej
    cazziej Posts: 321
    Forumite
    Thanks for your replies.

Best wishes

Carol x
  • I worked for the NHS 4 years ago and payed into the pension scheme, how do I go about getting it back? would appreciate some advice.. thanks in advance
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    you can't;
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,765
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    riaswayze wrote: »
    I worked for the NHS 4 years ago and payed into the pension scheme, how do I go about getting it back? would appreciate some advice.. thanks in advance

You can only get a refund if you left with less than 2 years service
  • Mr_Falling_Star
    Mr_Falling_Star Posts: 2,845
    Forumite
    Can I ask a question, I worked for the NHS for a few months and have a refund form to get the money back. A friend of mine is in the same position and he is adamant you get the contributions you made plus what the NHS made refunded to you. This does not make any sense to me, I thought you should only get back what you made??
    The World come on.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport