dual push button on new toilet sticking

Hi all

I have just recently fitted a toilet....however not working fully yet.......although the quick flush works fine the long flush doesnt. When i press the button for a long flush the button doesnt appear to pop back up. I have to press it again for it to pop up. Also i have noitced that while the button is down its constantly spraying water in toilet bowl. The toilet is new... so not usre what to do next. below is a pci of the only part i had to fix in the tank. I simply had to screw it in place but have obviously missed something becuase its not working.

http://www.lab-sanitary.com/admin/products/upload/200861316401218740.jpg

Comments

• As the push button is remote from the mechanism (not seen one of those) I suggest removing the cistern lid, operating it and then seeing what's sticking/catching/going wrong. Sometimes plastic fitments (including the dual flush button?) are very sensitive to how tight they've been installed or the angulation. This can cause parts to be reluctant to free up. so, try dismantling what you've done, and do it up again, maybe not as tight or possibly tighter (the opposite of now)
  • keyboard
    keyboard Posts: 219 Forumite
    Many thanks.

Will try and unscrew the flush valve and try and tweak it again... although have already tried this.

Thanks
  • We have this problem with one of our new toilets. I keep telling my husband but it falls on deaf ears so I end up just using the quick flush button and holding it down when I want a longer flush.

If you find how to fix it I would be pleased to know how :smiley:
  • wen-tom
    wen-tom Posts: 412 Forumite
    Hi, I work for a major bathroom manufacturer and this is a common query with push button cisterns. I cant speak for all but many have chrome caps that are fitted last and if these caps are pushed on wonky or aren't clicked into place fully the buttons will stick down when they are pressed. Try refitting the button caps making sure that they click into place and are straight and level over the plastic below. :D
  • misgrace
    misgrace Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    keyboard wrote: »
    Hi all

I have just recently fitted a toilet....however not working fully yet.......although the quick flush works fine the long flush doesnt. When i press the button for a long flush the button doesnt appear to pop back up. I have to press it again for it to pop up. Also i have noitced that while the button is down its constantly spraying water in toilet bowl. The toilet is new... so not usre what to do next. below is a pci of the only part i had to fix in the tank. I simply had to screw it in place but have obviously missed something becuase its not working.

http://www.lab-sanitary.com/admin/products/upload/200861316401218740.jpg

I have had a similar problem, infact I still have it, but only me and Ih live at home, so we are both aware of the problem, but, when I have visitors, and they use the toilet, for some reason they always seem to press the two buttons together, and the flush carries on flushing:mad: , then I hear it, and I have to run to the toilet and press just the one button and it will stop.

So, everytime a friend uses the toilet, I have to tell them to either flush the right button or the left button.

I wont bother getting it fixed as like I say, there is only two of us, but it can be a nightmare when we have company.:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure