help, scared and fed up.

Hi,

First of all, I feel exhausted from the last year keeping my husband creditors at bay.

This year he decided to bankrupt, and debt would never be repaid.
House, card and everything is in my name.

He’s receiver interview is on this coming Friday and he is so scared.

Please can someone help??

• What is the interview about?
  • I have my own bills, and since he is using my car and all he need to pay some of the bills, how is bills divided?
  • What is the best way to avoid an IPA, he earn around 1.5K a month.

Any advise is appreciated. Feeling so scared and hopeless.

Thank you.

Ms. Worried.

Comments

• When you filled in the bankruptcy forms how much was left after your expenses?

To answer your question about how are bills split, that all depends on what you earn in comparison to your husband, eg if you both earn exactly the same then your husband will be liable for 50% of the household bills, if he earns more than you then he will pay a higher percentage

The interview is basically going over what you have put down on the forms, they will ask you about all your debt individually eg when you took it out, when was last payment, what was it for etc

When it gets to the expenditure part its basically a tixk box exercise, what i mean by that is, as long as your figures do not go over their guideline figures then it will be accepted

The interview is nothing to worry about (just be honest and open), i made a more in depth thread of the interview process on the forum, if you want to read it the thread is called "My Bankruptcy Journey/FAQ"
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,825 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It really is nothing to worry about, I believe it’s all done over the phone anyway, as stated above, they will just go through what you put on the forms, your budget etc, as long as honesty prevails, all will be well, and the bankrupcy approved.

They will also tell you if you have to pay an IPA or not, if there’s £20 or more disposable income left at month end, then he will.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • I had my interview yesterday, mine was classed as simple as my income was the only household income.

The OR was very nice and very professional (to be expected!), we basically went through all the stages of my application 1-8, asked questions regarding when the debts started and when the last purchase was made, when it came to living expenses he said he was happy with what i had, then they will tell you if you need to pay into an IPA.

I was terrified, but its not as bad as you think at all! just be honest!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure