No longer a customer of a bank - correspondence still being received

Around 2 years ago, I have closed all products with Lloyds. 1-2 months ago, I received correspondence from them regarding updated T&C's of online banking. It is the first correspondence from them since closing my products with them.

Why am I receiving correspondence/post from them, despite my accounts being closed a few years ago? Anyone had this situation with them (or any other bank) before?

Comments

• Marketing gumpf sometimes slips through still.

Contact them and ask?
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    book12 wrote: »
    Around 2 years ago, I have closed all products with Lloyds. 1-2 months ago, I received correspondence from them regarding updated T&C's of online banking. It is the first correspondence from them since closing my products with them.

Why am I receiving correspondence/post from them, despite my accounts being closed a few years ago? Anyone had this situation with them (or any other bank) before?

Probably because you're still registered for online banking with them. If you still know your logon information and try to log on you'll find that it will let you in and then tell you that you have no accounts.
  • ........Or an account you thought was closed is possibly open even if it is a nil balance?
  • radoslaff
    radoslaff Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    My wife received updated T&Cs some time ago even though her account was closed long ago. We doidn't bother at all and binned the letter.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,543 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You could of course complain that such correspondence is annoying /is posing a security issue.. or whatever and hope that a little financial something comes your way!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Katiehound wrote: »
    You could of course complain that such correspondence is annoying /is posing a security issue.. or whatever and hope that a little financial something comes your way!!

Have you been spending time with Mchambers:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport