PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The aliens have landed rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44717307.html
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44717307.html In the wood burning stove?
  • Ocelot
    Ocelot Posts: 512
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The aliens have landed rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44717307.html

It's a nice size and seems amazingly cheap (for someone from the SE), but the garden looks like a prison exercise yard.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,458
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Penitent wrote: »
    I can't see your aliens, but the bathroom is awful. It looks like a modern refurb, but they put carpet in the bathroom, and the way it's been laid out is daft (everything has been randomly spaced out to fill the space, the loo roll holder is behind you, etc.).

I also look at the high ceiling in the living area and just think "fortune to heat".

I hate church conversions.

Edit: I just spotted the flooring in the living area. It's vile. The whole room is just atrocious. I don't think they've put any thought into making it all work together at all.

Somebody's put their heart into that work, which makes you wonder why they are selling.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,458
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    lauraland wrote: »

It's amazing. I love the commandment to relax in that bath affair in the conservatory whilst in full view of the neighbours.

I wonder what the people are like?
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • The church was converted by a builder and has been on the market a couple of years. The flue looks like an extra terrestrial beacon to me! And the village is a bit of a dump in the middle of nowhere
  • GDB2222 wrote: »
    It's amazing. I love the commandment to relax in that bath affair in the conservatory whilst in full view of the neighbours.

Well that could be one (not so subtle) statement to the neighbours of what one thinks of them I guess - visions of a man finding quite another way to give a nasty gesture to them (ahem;)) or of a woman that doesnt exactly count as "Beauty of the Year" reclining on it in skimpy clothing.

Distinctly wierd arrangement though and all I'd keep from it would be the pebbles - as they could usefully go out in the garden.
  • lauraland
    lauraland Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    GDB2222 wrote: »

I am sorely tempted to arrange a viewing and find out, although what is seen can't be unseen and I'd rather not be traumatised for life :eek:
    I got ham but i'm not a hamster.....
  • katsclaws
    katsclaws Posts: 399
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    EssexGirl wrote: »
    I think this house is lovely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing