disposal of Plaster Board??

Comments

• phil24_7
    phil24_7 Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    patman99 wrote: »
    Essex County Council are introducing new rules to reduce the amount of DIY waste going into the recycling centre.

Apparrently, things like doors, rubble, plasterboard and old baths/basins/toilets are classed as building waste and they are not suppossed to take it as they are only covered to dispose of household waste.

I'd just smash/break/cut this stuff up and put it in my brown bin if they did this down here! lol
  • Fat_Walt
    Fat_Walt Posts: 750 Forumite
    phil24_7 wrote: »
    I'd just smash/break/cut this stuff up and put it in my brown bin if they did this down here! lol

Me too, did it with a fridge freezer.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    So has east Suffolk & flytipping has gone though the roof, so a bit of an own goal there.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    phil24_7 wrote: »

Ive had two very funny instances of people doing this. One being my OH.

She decided she wanted a new flower bed. Crack on i said. A few hours later she was all sweated up and asked if i could move the brown wheelie bin as it was a bit too heavy for her. I knew something wasnt right when i could only just see the tops of the wheels. She had filled the entire bin with what was particularly damp mud. Some fag packet maths suggest thats about 380 kilos, needless to say the bin stayed there for a while until she decanted it into the second brown bin.

A mate did similar with pea gravel from a back yard. He ended up decanting it back out for a few months too.

So just keep an eye on the wight issue if you do do this.

Btw why do you keep saying brown bin? Is brown bin not for garden waste? Ironically my council has just started charging for collecting that too!
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    zaax wrote: »
    So has east Suffolk & flytipping has gone though the roof, so a bit of an own goal there.

Youdve thought anyone with a tiny bit of sense wouldve realised that would probably happen, alas, council decision makers.
  • phil24_7
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Btw why do you keep saying brown bin? Is brown bin not for garden waste? Ironically my council has just started charging for collecting that too!

Sorry, I forget different areas have different colours as I only live in the one area! lol

Here in Plymouth we have a brown bin for general household waste, green for recycling and a blue bag for garden waste.
  • 27cool
    27cool Posts: 267 Forumite
    Hampshire Council have just introduced a charge of £10 a sheet for P/B
  • phil24_7
    It's only £5 to buy the darn things!
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    27cool wrote: »
    Hampshire Council have just introduced a charge of £10 a sheet for P/B

That is ridiculous.

As someone has said it will just mean more fly-tipping.
  • phil24_7 wrote: »
    Fat_Walt wrote: »
    Me too, did it with a fridge freezer.

Bet it took more than one week!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills