Reclaiming PPI which was sold 15 years ago

I have two credit cards for accounts which I opened over 15 years ago and I appear to have PPI on both of these. Can I claim this back through the Financial Ombudsman or has too much time gone by?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Marisol wrote: »
    I have two credit cards for accounts which I opened over 15 years ago and I appear to have PPI on both of these. Can I claim this back through the Financial Ombudsman or has too much time gone by?

Hello there

I would give the FOS a ring on this to make sure, as it is quite old, you could try by reclaiming on the last 6 years, there is no harm in trying, or they may even go back earlier, but see what the FOS suggest first and take it from there.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html
    Good luck and please let us know how you get on.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • I think you could have a go at reclaiming the whole amount if, as you claim, you have only just realised that a mistake was made when you origionally took out the cards/ppi. Do you still have details of the dates & payments made?
    :AIgnorance can be cured, but stupid is forever!:A
    Please note: Nothing that I post constitutes professional financial or legal advice.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    I think you could have a go at reclaiming the whole amount if, as you claim, you have only just realised that a mistake was made when you origionally took out the cards/ppi. Do you still have details of the dates & payments made?

Yes I agree, and if still have the details, even better.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • finatra26
    finatra26 Posts: 4,106
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I succesfully claimed on a 14 year old loan & 21 year old credit card - go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure