The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Anybody getting bombarded with mail by supposed clairvoyants and Astologers?

Comments

• superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Darksun wrote:
    Not at all! Some of them could be truely psychic. Best thing to do, is at a random point during the trial have the judge throw his gavel at them. If they duck, they saw it coming :rotfl:

Brilliant. I see we have a legal mastermind in our midsts. :rotfl:
    On a more serious note, I don't believe in any of that stuff but can you actually require them to prove it, because by the same principle we should require all religions etc to prove, for example that prayer works etc. Personally I've got nothing against that, being atheist, but may get a bit impractical and messy.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • @ moffat.
    Sometime he spells his name Anthony Carr.

He's part of an industry.
    http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:ovOPnTKzA-0J:www.mrssciences.com/press.php%3Fid%3D30+%22Anthony+Carr%22&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=76
    Toronto, Ontario February 14, 2005, - (OTC MSIIF): MRS Sciences through our publishing division Merit House Media is pleased to announce a 22.5% acquisition in International Psychics Inc. a joint venture in conjunction with Limelight Entertainment Inc. and psychic Anthony Carr.

You can visit our newly developed website at https://www.astrologyinternational.com. All of Mr. Carr’s books, products and services are available at that site.
    http://www.astrologyinternational.com/public_html/psychics.html
    http://www.astrologyinternational.com/public_html/contact.html
    Astrology International

300 Richmond St. West
    Suite 200
    Toronto, Ontario. Canada
    M5V 1X2

info@astrologyinternational.com
  • rach1973
    rach1973 Posts: 355 Forumite
    We used to get loads of these I just stuffed all the junk mail I could into their prepayed envelopes and send it all to them.

Funnily enough they have now given up.
  • Here he is in Oz.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_creation/2006-04-11#Anthony_Carr_.28Canadian_psychic.29
    Toots wrote:
    Each letter has come from Customer Services in Richmond, Canada
    I think Anthony Carr is here:
    Astrology International

300 Richmond St. West
    Suite 200
    Toronto, Ontario. Canada
    M5V 1X2
  • A friend of mine used to receive them from a Maria Duvalle i think from France, most some from the Netherlands. she had a head scarf on and had horrible eyes, didn't like looking at them anyway she sent money a few times and bought something that she put into her purse to save money but it had the opposite effect. This was actually featured on Watchdog but what came of it I don't know.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    When Watchdog tracked down where the letters from that "old lady" were sent from, they found they were actually being sent by a fat, balding middle-aged man from a flat in Switzerland.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • These predators could/should be sued for damages under section 3 of The Protection From Harassment Act 1997. All you have to prove is that there has been "harassment" which has caused "anxiety". It seems to me that some of these clairvoyants' letters are actually designed to cause anxiety. If only one case could be brought to court I am sure that a large award of damages would be made and that might cause all the others to think twice.
    Does anyone have a full name and address for our friend AC in Surrey?
  • Thank you Toots etc. My poor client (widower aged 79 with cancer) is getting up to FORTY a day. I note that AC is in Toronto and, from the Astrology International website that he is linked to the freaky Stallone.
    I haveso far written threatening letters to 129 DIFFERENT scammers (or at least different PO Boxes) and have at least another 100 to go. Total recovery to date = £20 !
  • trisontana
    Forumite
    Toots wrote:
    Anthony Carr
    J.E.M. House
    Cranleigh
    Surrey
    GU6 8TT
    I bet that's just one of those places where you can arrange to pick up your mail held by a third party. I doubt if Mr. Carr operates from that address.
  • trisontana
    Forumite
    Toots wrote:
    I notice Maria Duvall is advertsing in the Sunday magazine accompanying the News of the World newspaper - they obviously don't care where they get their advertising revenue from.

The News of the World is owned by a man who made his fortune from soft-!!!!!! magazines. So no scruples there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure