Anybody getting bombarded with mail by supposed clairvoyants and Astologers?

Options

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They are still sending letters to my dad (he died on the 14th of August) telling him he is going to be very lucky!!!!!

I do not call a four month struggle with the most aggressive form of leukaemia Lucky!!!:eek:

I now no longer believe in mail order unsolicited astrologers (if I ever did)
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    Toots

Don't reply any more, they now know they have scored a hit and they will just bombard you with more and more. Pop into your local police station and aske then to contact souuth wales constabulary and see what came of the investigation into this and if its still on going. I would do it for you but my contact isn't around at the mo.
  • moffat_3
    Options
    Hi (first time post). I am a solicitor with a 79-yr old widower client who has been fleeced of evry last penny and more by prize scammers and clairvoyants, including the amazing Anthony Carr who can send up to six letters a day.

I am thinking of bringing a "test case" action for damages under the recent Protection From Harassment Act. If it succeeds it might make some of these dreadful predators think twice.

All I need is an "address for service" (other than the PO Box in Surrey). Can anyone give me a pointer?
  • Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    Try South Wales Constabulary. They investigated this a few years back what came of it i don't know but they put a request on on radio that hit the Midlands aw well asking for anyone who had received these letters to hand them in at the local police station or post them to them. I would start here as they should have the info you need and i wish you the best of luck stopping these parasites.
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    My recently widowed Father in law recieved a letter a few weeks ago,handwritten from a Roseanna Shaw..claiming to know all that had happened to him in the last year.He binned it and then 2 weeks later recieved another saying she just urgently needed to tell him he will win a large sum of money on the 5th Dec...He sent her a cheque for £20 before he told me about it...As far as I know he's had nothing back yet will update if I hear anything.
  • wantmemoney
    Options
    http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=anthonycarrpsychic.com&prog_id=godaddy

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
    in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.
    is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:
    Antony Carr

11 Sutherland Ave
    Toronto, Ontario M4C1R8
    Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: ANTHONYCARRPSYCHIC.COM
    Created on: 22-Sep-01
    Expires on: 22-Sep-07
    Last Updated on:
    http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:C97IEi8ShpEJ:forum.mg.co.za/showthreaded.php%3FCat%3D%26Number%3D366935%26page%3D%26view%3D%26sb%3D5%26o%3D%26vc%3D1+%22Anthony+Carr%22scam&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=3
    Toronto-based Anthony Carr, "the world's most documented psychic,"
  • Darksun
    Darksun Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    Doesn't the Fradulant Mediums Act 1951 play a part in this?
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Darksun wrote:
    Fradulant Mediums Act 1951

Always amuses me hearing that, surely fraudulant is a redundant word when used with mediums.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I keep getting letters from clairvoyants addressed to my old married name.

They can't be that good if they don't know I stopped using that name in 2002 when I divorced, and used my maiden name until I married again in April this year :rolleyes:
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Darksun
    Darksun Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    Always amuses me hearing that, surely fraudulant is a redundant word when used with mediums.

Not at all! Some of them could be truely psychic. Best thing to do, is at a random point during the trial have the judge throw his gavel at them. If they duck, they saw it coming :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure