RMA Resolve

Luckily, they only get to leave a recorded message, and it's only about once a week, so not too bad, but they are really getting annoying. I've increased my repayment, and I've asked for confirmation of outstanding balance, even providing them with a stamped addressed envelope to reply by letter but still they insist on ringing. I've not rung them back though. Any suggestions on how to deal with these "Numptys". I'm hoping to be able to make them a final settlement later in the year so don't want to upset them too much. :D

Comments

• angelavdavis
    angelavdavis Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Firstly, always send any correspondence recorded so they can't deny receiving the correspondence. Mention the fact that you have already provided them with an SAE, etc and the date of the previous letter sent.

Secondly, to get them off your phone line, you need to send a letter (again, recorded) asking for them to only contact you in future via letter. Here is a post we all assisted with for a lady that was being harrassed by Morgan Stanley constantly - it contains a letter template.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=482115

Finally, don't mention or promise to pay the balance - in case something else turns up. You are making regular payments and they will continue bullying you if you make promises to repay.
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 176 Forumite
    I'm sending them this perhaps a bit of blackmail will work.:D

RMA Resolve
    PO Box 175
    Old Docks House
    90 Watery Lane
    Preston,
    Lancashire
    PR2 1GN
    02 July 2007
    Re: _____ ________ account no. _______________
    WITHOUT PREDJUDICE

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am offering to increase my monthly repayment on this account to £__.__ per calendar month. This is conditional however on the following:

1. You cease to make phone calls to me concerning my debt on this account for any and all reasons, no matter how urgent you feel they are. You will only make contact by letter and not expect me to telephone you.

2. You provide me with the outstanding balance information on the account, which I have previously have requested.

3 You also confirm that no interest charges have or will be added to the account as previously agreed when you took over the repayments from American Express.

As a good will gesture I will pay £__.__ for my July payment in anticipation of you meeting my requests. You have till no later than 02 August 2007 to reply to my letter. Please feel free to make use of the Stamped Addressed Envelope that was previously sent with May’s payment.

If I have not received written confirmation of the requested information, or if telephone calls should continue, I will take it you are refusing to accept this offer leaving me to resume my previous payment amount and take further action as mentioned in previous letters.

Yours Sincerely
  • mm2000
    Firstly, always send any correspondence recorded so they can't deny receiving the correspondence. Mention the fact that you have already provided them with an SAE, etc and the date of the previous letter sent.

Secondly, to get them off your phone line, you need to send a letter (again, recorded) asking for them to only contact you in future via letter. Here is a post we all assisted with for a lady that was being harrassed by Morgan Stanley constantly - it contains a letter template.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=482115

Finally, don't mention or promise to pay the balance - in case something else turns up. You are making regular payments and they will continue bullying you if you make promises to repay.

That link isn't working I'm afraid.

It's ok, I made a search and found it. Thanks.
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mm2000 wrote: »

Please NO - you probably owe them nothing, this is exactly what they want- and they will push for even more

RMA Resolve
    PO Box 175
    Old Docks House
    90 Watery Lane
    Preston,
    Lancashire
    PR2 1GN

02 July 2007

WITHOUT PREDJUDICE - this is no use

Dear Sir/Madam,

1. You cease to make phone calls to me concerning my debt on this account for any and all reasons, no matter how urgent you feel they are. You will only make contact by letter and not expect me to telephone you.

2. You provide me with the outstanding balance information on the account, which I have previously have requested.

3 You also confirm that no interest charges have or will be added to the account as previously agreed when you took over the repayments from American Express.

As a good will gesture I will pay £__.__ for my July payment in anticipation of you meeting my requests. You have till no later than 02 August 2007 to reply to my letter. Please feel free to make use of the Stamped Addressed Envelope that was previously sent with May’s payment.

If I have not received written confirmation of the requested information, or if telephone calls should continue, I will take it you are refusing to accept this offer leaving me to resume my previous payment amount and take further action as mentioned in previous letters.

Yours Sincerely

Will try and find the CCA request. Please do not pay anything or write anything meanwhile
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • AGB863
    AGB863 Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I have had fun with these guys today

They have been continually calling a client of mine who has major health problems and £40k of debts, and there debt is the smallest.

We arranged a repayment plan for them recently where all creditors had equitable distribution of available funds and RMA accepted this.

They contacted my client this week by letter saying they have a proposal to resolve the situation.

I call them up, on behalf of my client and they offered a 25% reduction of the outstanding amount for a full and final settlement on £6.5k.

I advised that my client could not do this.

They then went on to say they will continually call my client as they now want the account settled in full.

I then asked them to only to contact my client by writing due to is health, but the reply was, "sorry we can not do that as we are a telephone based company".

I replied "well how come you have written to my client and also to my self recently."The reply came back "we only contact people by phone."

I then replied - "so if i formally request that you only make contact with my client in writing and no further telephone calls, will you adhere to it?"

The reply was "sorry we can not do that as we are a telephoned based company" -

To which my reply was - "so you want to go against section 2.2.g of the Debt Collection Guidence as set down by the OFT?"

The call operator then put me on hold for 5 minutes and then came back and said she had talked to her manager and they were going to continue with the agreement for a further 6 months.

I think RMA need to update themselves on the guidence before talking to people

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I am a debt counsellor working in the voluntary sector - we don't charge our clients for the work we do!
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    RAS wrote: »

Have bumped this thread up as it is an excellent reference for anyone unfortunate enough to have to deal with RMA.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • mm2000
    mm2000 wrote: »

RMA Resolve
    PO Box 175
    Old Docks House
    90 Watery Lane
    Preston,
    Lancashire
    PR2 1GN

02 July 2007

WITHOUT PREDJUDICE

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am offering to increase my monthly repayment on this account to £__.__ per calendar month. This is conditional however on the following:

Yours Sincerely
    Having sent the quoted letter and a cheque payment, I've just checked my bank account on line and they don't appear to have cashed the cheque yet. The cheque is made payable to the credit card company so there could be some delay in cashing it and it showing up on my bank account. Never noticed it taking this long before. I wonder if they'll try to make out they haven't recieved it just to make matters look worse for me. Payment isn't normaly due till the 14th anyway, I'd just sent it very early to be included with the letter just so when it's cashed I know they have received the letter. I didn't send the letter recorded delivery though. Is it possible to send letters recorded delivery to a PO Box?
  • Leixlip1
    Leixlip1 Posts: 372 Forumite
    I've just got inolved with them but am waiting for them to prove the debt i.e. CCA and deed of assignement. Interestingly my last two recorded delivery letters do not appear as delivered on Royal Mails "track n trace" system. Are RMA declining acceptance of my mail I wonder??
  • mm2000
    Can anyone give me the logistics (so to speak) of asking for a CCA and deed of assignment. How long do I need to give RMA to reply. If they don't reply what do I do next. Bearing in mind I hope to be debt free this year and offer settlement payments on all my debts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure