PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

heavy duty oven cleaner

Comments

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,864 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    polenta is yellow maize or cornmeal

Lemon Polenta Cake

12 tablespoons (1 1/2 stick) unsalted butter
    3/4 cup sugar
    3 large eggs
    1 1/4 cup cake flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 cup polenta
    6 teaspoons lemon zest
    2 teaspoons lemon extract
    1/4 teaspoons salt

Preheat oven to 350 F. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time. Sift flour, baking powder and salt over butter and mix. Stir in polenta, lemon zest and lemon extract. Bake in a 9 inch cake pan for 40 min. Serve with fresh cream and berries.
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    is it nice, really?? sounds a bit odd.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Well, Glad, I am impressed!

I make mine with whatever I have at hand, last night was with sunflower seeds and raisins (no lemons).

It can also be made as a savoury, no sugar or fruit but more eggs and grated cheese, bits of sauteed veg, fried onions, sausage/bacon bits (for the non-veggies), anything really!

Just make sure you put a fair amount of liquid because if it is too dry it is not very nice.

You can serve it with a nice tomato/mushroom sauce and grated parmesan on top, or you can also serve it with a plain tomato (spaghetti) sauce and accompanied with a chunk of blue cheese!

In the north of Italy people eat it with birds (starlings etc) but I suppose no matter how moneysaving it is to go hunting on Blackheath, I do have my limits heheeh

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ok, will give it a go and ley you know. :-/
  • cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My oven is so clean now. Looks like new again! Thing is I don't want to use it now  :-/
    Sinuses also cleaned out  :o ;D

easier than mr muscle isnt it and though it stinks it isnt nearly as bad as mr muscle fumes if your careful

thats pure caustic soda that stuff im sure of it
  • Peakma
    Peakma Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I used mr.muscle mousse the other day .It got a lot of the dirt off,but there was a really stubborn greasy patch left wiped it and wiped it gave up ,used the oven later and it caught fire,luckily my partner was right beside it so was put out straight away,but could of been a lot worse. It says the stuff is highly flamable,but surely it shouldn't be alowed to be that dangerous,has anyone elsehad this happen?
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can also use the ammonia to clean your hob rings & oven shelves too. Put them all in a bin bag with ammonia & leave to soak overnight. Do it outside or in the garage & you don't get the fumes in the house. Give them a good wash afterwards (pref in dishwasher) to get rid of the ammonia.
  • I've been looking and still haven't been able to find anywhere that sells amonia. Boots in Holborn weren't any good. Wonder if anyone has any good ideas for places to get it in London?
  • cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    look for a good old fashioned chandlers store

theyll have it

:D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Mother always used amonia in the oven, and a few drops in the water when she did the floor, but i didnt have any joy finding amonia anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure