Do M&S still do end of day food reductions?

Just wondered as I've not been in for a while. I know they started to a few years ago. Thanks

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    sherbie28 wrote: »
    Just wondered as I've not been in for a while. I know they started to a few years ago. Thanks

Yes - but as with all chains , the %age reductions and time that they do it will vary between each store
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    They do reduce, but they start reducing earlier in the day and make a further reduction a bit later if there is anything left.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes - I quite often stop-by the one near me to see if I can get a bag of pastries/cakes etc. Usually 50-80p for three or four items. They go fast though.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    We've just got a big new M&S up the road here and all they sell is food. I've not been in there yet but the adverts they had in the local free paper said they've got computer terminals around the store and if you want anything other than food you need to order and go back to collect it.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2014 at 1:30AM
    If you have a BP petrol station with a M&S store in your town, they also do reductions during the day on M&S fresh products, with a final deduction any time after 8.30pm.

I got a pack of beef minute steaks last week for £2.50, reduced from £4.75. ( why does a bargain taste better than full price? :))

What is available is usually sandwiches, vegetables, packed meat, fruit and sometimes bread.

But it can be a bit hit and miss, it can be either a feast or fame on what you can get from day to day.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    pogofish wrote: »
    Yes - I quite often stop-by the one near me to see if I can get a bag of pastries/cakes etc. Usually 50-80p for three or four items. They go fast though.

People in my Main high street store, hover like a bunch of seagulls, ready to pounce on the bread, as it's reduced.:D
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yeah my local do it at around 6pm. I don't to that often but if I'm passing I'll pop in. Sometimes nothing, othertimes you get bags full of stuff!
  • Our Marks and Sparks reduces everything on a Monday morning, you can see the shop assistants doing it as you're walking around.
  • I love marks and spencer reductions as they don't reduce stuff and put it all in one place so there is a right scrummage to get anything. It's scattered everywhere all over the isles that way everyone gets a chance. We normally go on a Sunday afternoon and I have been very lucky and got many reductions. I don't go so late though if I am after a dine in meal normally then I am there early.
    'There are far better things ahead Than any we leave behind '
  • I was passing through our store yesterday about 3 pm and there were quite a few yellow stickers around. Alas nothing was reduced drastically! I got a block of parmesan reduced to £2 from about £3.50. I finely grated it when I got home and it's now in a tub in the freezer. The best reductions appeared to be on veg and salad stuff but I didn't need anything as I had stocked up at Aldi the day before!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure