The New Adventures of Fortune

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The queries all seem resolvable so all sounding good Fortune :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    More attic clearance was achieved today. Mr F sorted through lots of ancient paperwork and incinerated anything not required. He also mowed the lawn and cut back some climbing plants.

I listed a few things for free on FB - a couple of printers and stuff that doesn't really sell. Someone is coming to pick up one of the printers tonight :)

We had chorizo and pepper soup for lunch - I told Mr F it was a gourmet meal I whipped up as a reward for all his hard work but it was really leftover sausage casserole sauce whizzed up in the blender :rotfl:

I did make supper from scratch though. An old favourite - Oven Baked Bacon & Leek Risotto.

Still lots of clearing to do but I've had a glass of red so that will have to wait until tomorrow :o

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All sounding brilliant FS, so so pleased for you :j
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We discovered that there are two footpaths quite close to the house but not on the property. One leads to a canal :) and one leads to a pub :D The more we find out about the house the more it lends itself to the lifestyle we're hoping to achieve.

*Delurks* These things are important to check out, I was sold on our house when I discovered the bus to the nearest pub in one direction (1.2 miles but along an A road with no footpaths) and nearest town in other runs until 11.30pm :D
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    All sounding brilliant FS, so so pleased for you :j

Still a way to go yet Brizzle but I'm celebrating every little milestone.
    katep23 wrote: »
    *Delurks* These things are important to check out, I was sold on our house when I discovered the bus to the nearest pub in one direction (1.2 miles but along an A road with no footpaths) and nearest town in other runs until 11.30pm :D

You have to get your priorities right Kate :rotfl:

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    It's been a day of chasing things up so I have news to report:
    • our mortgage lender has everything they need from us, the valuation has been done so we should have a mortgage offer this week
    • our solicitor has received enquiries from our buyer's solicitor... 26 of them :eek: They are using Mr Buyer's boss's solicitor and I don't think he does conveyancing very often. Amongst other things, he has asked for a photograph of the house from the road because he can't find it on Google Street View and for copies of the planning permissions granted to previous owners. Some of the enquiries are about things we've already answered in the Property Information Form. I've been in contact with our buyer today to let them know. They haven't seen any of the information for the house yet
    • I've booked a call with our solicitor tomorrow to chase things up on our vendor's side.

Mr F's diary is filling up with overseas trips and we don't have many gaps left to squeeze in a move. The solicitors are saying it's too early to talk dates yet but we'll need to book some time in soon.

Leftover risotto for lunch and Bean & Chorizo Chilli with rice for supper. I doubled up on the tinned tomatoes so there would be enough to have with baked potatoes for lunch tomorrow :)

Must remember to complete the vehicle modification form my car insurers have asked me to complete tonight.

I might need to pop to the Post Office tomorrow if any of my Bay of E items sell :( Other than that I have housework to do as DS1 and girlfriend are visiting at the weekend for birthday celebrations - hers, not mine :)

Happy Monday all

Fortune x
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Things are really moving along Fortune.

I love the sound of the footpaths you have found, it's all about the lifestyle!

Fingers crossed you get everything together for the solicitors easily. We thought some of the questions our solicitor sent to our sellers were a bit strange too!
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It's all sounding really positive Fortune, so pleased for you!

Regarding the ebay collection only items, are they things that physically would go in the post if well packed (i.e. not too big?). I recently sold a china snowglobe on ebay and posted it, well wrapped, to Belgium! It got there okay! With lots of careful packing it could work.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Things are really moving along Fortune.

I love the sound of the footpaths you have found, it's all about the lifestyle!

Fingers crossed you get everything together for the solicitors easily. We thought some of the questions our solicitor sent to our sellers were a bit strange too!

Thanks Ellie - can't wait to get there and start exploring.
    themadvix wrote: »
    It's all sounding really positive Fortune, so pleased for you!

Regarding the ebay collection only items, are they things that physically would go in the post if well packed (i.e. not too big?). I recently sold a china snowglobe on ebay and posted it, well wrapped, to Belgium! It got there okay! With lots of careful packing it could work.

Hi Madvix. They are large and very breakable things that would cost a fortune to post. It could be done but I've put it in the
    'too hard' box for now :rotfl:

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    We've had a lovely weekend with DS1 and girlfriend. Came in a little under budget too so I've squirrelled away the savings into the moving fund :) Strange to think they'll be our last staying guests in the current house.

It was nice to have a break from house moving stuff but we need to review where we are with things now so we can keep the momentum going.

We've raised enquiries with our Vendor and there's only one issue that has the potential to cause any difficulties (fingers crossed it is a non-issue). We've also received the surveys back on the new house. It's in a high Radon area apparently so I'm doing some research on that. Any experiences my Forum friends have on this one would be very appreciated.

We've received enquiries from our Buyer and I'm about two thirds through drafting responses to those. We are missing an electrical certificate so Mr F has contacted an electrician friend for his help in fixing that one.

Quite a few things on the To Do List today so I'd better get on.

Hope your week starts well

Fortune x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure