Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• tammy61
    tammy61 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Joedenise.
    You are an absolute angel. Thankyou so much for all of your help.
    I'm all set to go now thanks to you. I feel much more comfortable with this plan. Although as I said I have lost weight. Just seems more difficult to me.
    So thankyou once again. X
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    No probs tammy.

Denise
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    candyapple wrote: »
    I went top up food shopping today in slightly tighter than comfortable trousers and boy it did wonders for the willpower :D I sailed straight past the choc and biccie aisles, totally doing that again :p

Excellent tip! :rotfl:

I had my first foray into the Two Chubby Cubs website yesterday :eek::rotfl: Very bold but hilarious. I made the chicken, leek and sweet potato pie and it was delish, will deffo be exploring their other recipes.

Currently doing a spag bol as I have a 10 miler in the morning so I'm carb loading. I ran Parkrun this morning 30 seconds faster than I have all year - way off my PB but it felt like one!

I took the cat to the vet yesterday and got told off for over feeding her (she's on steroids and always hungry), so I've cut down her portion sizes slightly today and she's sitting staring at me looking ever so miffed. I know how you feel, pet! Dieting is hard. :(
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • abouttimetoo
    abouttimetoo Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Whoohoo, Chocomonsta, those inch losses are brilliant. Not taking my start measurements is something I really regret not doing but guess could still do it as would like to lose a bit more

Whiplashy, glad your bug seems to have passed, what bad timing though. Have to say I loved your beverage of choice comment and when you'd really been planning to have it http://static.moneysavingexpert.com/images/forum_smilies/laughing-smiley-014.gif

Gettingtheresometime, you made me laugh saying 6.5 months was a long time to get to your 2 stone 6 pound, loss. It took me over 18 months to lose that amount http://static.moneysavingexpert.com/images/forum_smilies/laughing-smiley-014.gif

ETA, no idea why my smilies are not working properly, i'd do a bemused smilie but looks like that won't work either ;-)

Regards
    ATT
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.1.18. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £71,904 (-115,739)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £55,900 (-36,761)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £16,004 (-78,978)
    Total daily interest £1 [a) £0.77 b)£0.23
    Total OP's:2018 target £TBC YTD £1,995
  • abouttimetoo
    Excellent tip! :rotfl:

I had my first foray into the Two Chubby Cubs website yesterday :eek::rotfl: Very bold but hilarious. I made the chicken, leek and sweet potato pie and it was delish, will deffo be exploring their other recipes.

Currently doing a spag bol as I have a 10 miler in the morning so I'm carb loading. I ran Parkrun this morning 30 seconds faster than I have all year - way off my PB but it felt like one!

I took the cat to the vet yesterday and got told off for over feeding her (she's on steroids and always hungry), so I've cut down her portion sizes slightly today and she's sitting staring at me looking ever so miffed. I know how you feel, pet! Dieting is hard. :(

I love the TCC's Tete but not for the faint hearted 8:) but you can always skip to the recipes if needed (I don't!) Have you read any of their holiday tales? They also have their books available on Am@zon and they have their own discount codes with Muscl3 Foods (not that I've tried it)

PS, think I read somewhere up chain you are addicted to Greggs lattes, oh my word, i'm with you there, there's not much I crave or can't resist but they're up there in my top two!

Regards
    ATT
  • abouttimetoo
    So last night I ended up having a 'late supper' with having a late lunch and not feeling like a proper dinner. I had a bowl of salad left in the fridge from lunch so dropped in some sliced beef and mixed it in and it was delicious

Today's menu:
    B: Bacon, scrambled eggs, fried mushrooms, onions, tomato and courgette with frylight and hot lemon water
    L: full plate of salad made with carrots, celery, cucumber, lettuce, red onion, red orange and yellow mini sweet peppers, radicchio, tomatoes and watercress. Had that with a slice of ham, turkey and chicken
    D: will be exactly the same as lunch as I enjoyed it so much!

Snacks, black coffee and NAS juice and can of zero coke
    HEA SS milk + 2.5 syns of more SS milk
    HEB's - no idea yet

Didn't set out to have a SP day but did set out to have a 'light' day. Don't know how many of you have tried SP but I once did a week. I lost a pound which is a good loss for me but can't say I'm a fan and i'm really yet to find someone who thinks a week or two of SP has been the best thing since sliced bread

Regards
    ATT
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Good evening everyone, this will be my Sunday menu plan...

Breakfast..porridge A/B raspberries strawberries blueberries.

Lunch.. lentil and bacon soup. Ham salad clementine , melon

Dinner. Gammon mixed veg pineapple, f f yoghurt.

Extra 2 crispbreads with butter 5 syns.
    5 syns.
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just back from a lovely dinner with friends - have totted up the "damage" and I make it 50 syns (:eek:!!)...although I have erred on the side of caution and overestimated for some things to be on the safe side. ;) But that was for three delicious courses and it was all scrummy, and felt like a real treat (which, of course, it was! :p). So now I am straight back on track, pulling back on syns (and I don't weigh in until Thursday, so feel confident that I can pull those 50 syns back...:cool:).

Bring on tomorrow - I'm ready for it...I can do this! :dance:

P x
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I barely ate yesterday until tea time which is just silly I know!

today:
    breakfast: 2 wheat biscuits (own brand Weetabix but smaller) HeB with milk from HeA, strawberries
    snacks: seafood sticks, hard boiled eggs, kiwi fruit
    lunch: jacket potato with baked beans and salad (beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce)
    tea: not 100% yet probably baked chicken breast with a little mash, cauliflower, broccoli and sweetcorn

syns: hot choc tonight (options white - 3?) a sauce of some kind with tea
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 19 March 2017 at 10:51AM
    Lush - the Options white chocolate is only 2 syns not 3; the white choc winter spice is 3 but I assumed you meant the usual one.

Wiz - how's the weekend going without the pressure of a Sunday WI? Better I hope.

Piglet - I wouldn't worry about having about 50 syns it's quite possible to pull it back by Thursday. Both Maman and I use most of our syns over the weekend and then eat low or very low syn from Mon - Wed. I only get small losses but it was the same when I first started SW and stuck to 15 syns a day!

I'm going for a Green day today:

B - porridge (HEB1); strawberries, grapes
    L - HM asparagus soup; may have a slice of bread for a few syns as haven't any others planned at the moment; still need to tot up how many I've had so far this week!
    D - HM Goan prawn (HEB2) curry; rice

HEA1 & 2 will be 1% milk
    HEB1 - porridge
    HEB2 - 125g prawns
    Syns - WM bread 3? 50ml light coconut milk 2.5

Need to decide what other syns later, perhaps some dark chocolate (1 syn per square)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family