Halifax mortgage applications thread!

Arina
Arina Posts: 385 Forumite
edited 31 August 2014 at 5:18AM in Mortgages & endowments
Hey guys!

Anyone else in the process for applying for a mortgage with the halifax! Thought we could share our success and horror stories here and just generally guide and advise each other through the process!

Husband and I are FTBuyers and have only very recently put in an application via a broker to the halifax for our dream home! House price £140,000 putting down £28,000 deposit so that's 80% LTV.

Here's our timeline to date:

Received DIP with halifax: 16th August 2014
2 searches showing up on Experian (RBS - MORTGAGE QUOTATION & HALIFAX - ID GENERIC CHECK): 16th August 2014
Offer accepted on property: 18th August 2014
Full application submitted: 26th August 2014
Valuation funds taken from account: 28th August 2014
2 searches showing up on Experian (RBS - MORTGAGE QUOTATION): 29th August 2014

Would love to hear from anyone in the same boat :o x
:beer:

Comments

• Kim_35
    Kim_35 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Here's my story!

House Value £163k - Mortgage required £90k - Deposit £73k - First Time Buyers

13/08 - AIP with Halifax - called direct to them
    16/08 - Full Application
    18/08 - Sent Pay Slips etc over
    20/08 - Contact from Halifax saying to resend as fax docs were unreadable
    27/08 - Contact from Halifax confirming docs arrived and to be processed
    29/08 - Called to complaints after 4 hours trying to get through as processing extremely busy & told someone will be verifying my details on Monday 1 Sep & will be called with an update

Going by time you posted Arina I assume you are having many sleepless nights like me!
  • mike0090
    mike0090 Posts: 25 Forumite
    I had an Aip on 09/08, viewed a house the same day and put an offer in on the 10th which was accepted. Had full mortgage app on 13/08, had to send a few further details such as bank statements and more payslips on 15/08. One week later 22/08 had full mortgage offer, I guess I must have just been pretty lucky to have received offer so quickly. All in the solicitors hands now hoping to complete in a few weeks.
  • Arina
    Kim_35 wrote: »
    Here's my story!

House Value £163k - Mortgage required £90k - Deposit £73k - First Time Buyers

13/08 - AIP with Halifax - called direct to them
    16/08 - Full Application
    18/08 - Sent Pay Slips etc over
    20/08 - Contact from Halifax saying to resend as fax docs were unreadable
    27/08 - Contact from Halifax confirming docs arrived and to be processed
    29/08 - Called to complaints after 4 hours trying to get through as processing extremely busy & told someone will be verifying my details on Monday 1 Sep & will be called with an update

Going by time you posted Arina I assume you are having many sleepless nights like me!

Hey Kim.

Yes many sleepless nights for me! Just want this part of it to be over so I can start arranging my stuff! Good luck with it and I hope you get an update tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes.

Xx
  • Arina
    mike0090 wrote: »
    I had an Aip on 09/08, viewed a house the same day and put an offer in on the 10th which was accepted. Had full mortgage app on 13/08, had to send a few further details such as bank statements and more payslips on 15/08. One week later 22/08 had full mortgage offer, I guess I must have just been pretty lucky to have received offer so quickly. All in the solicitors hands now hoping to complete in a few weeks.

Wow mike! That was amazingly quick! Well done. Did u have a valuation booked too or was it not needed?
  • mike0090
    mike0090 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Arina wrote: »
    Wow mike! That was amazingly quick! Well done. Did u have a valuation booked too or was it not needed?

Valuation was not required as I'm buying in Scotland where the vendor has to supply a home report with a valuation on it. Thankfully Halifax accept this valuation so don't require a survey, not sure if this is the same in England. That's probably why my mortgage came through so quick I suspect,I wouldn't worry to much my mortgage advisor said some applications take upto 4 weeks.
  • Arina
    Ah that's the difference then. We have to go through the valuation process here unlike in Scotland! I'm just waiting I hear back when the valuation date has been arranged for. Will hopefully hear something tomorrow. Good luck on the rest of your house move x
  • Kim_35
    Kim_35 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Arina wrote: »
    Hey Kim.

Yes many sleepless nights for me! Just want this part of it to be over so I can start arranging my stuff! Good luck with it and I hope you get an update tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes.

Xx

I will do thanks, fingers crossed for you also! I too am buying in Scotland so hoping it will be a quick decision. I cannot stand not knowing & being in control of what is happening #controlfreak!

Xx
  • Arina
    Kim_35 wrote: »
    I will do thanks, fingers crossed for you also! I too am buying in Scotland so hoping it will be a quick decision. I cannot stand not knowing & being in control of what is happening #controlfreak!

Xx

You and me both!!! X
  • Arina
    Little update from me. Just had a phone call from my mortgage broker that the valuation will be taking place today! Hope it all comes back ok. Fingers crossed! Here is my updated timeline:

Received DIP with halifax: 16th August 2014
    2 searches showing up on Experian (RBS - MORTGAGE QUOTATION & HALIFAX - ID GENERIC CHECK): 16th August 2014
    Offer accepted on property: 18th August 2014
    Full application submitted: 26th August 2014
    Valuation funds taken from account: 28th August 2014
    2 searches showing up on Experian (RBS - MORTGAGE QUOTATION): 29th August 2014
    Valuation booked: 2nd September 2014

When do I hear back the results from the valuation.. Anyone know? xx
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    myn was the same day heard back, however beware halifax do random credit checks before completion a few days
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure