is it ok to submit your supporting documents directly to lender?

Options
Hi,

following on from my 'birth certificate' thread.

the lender has asked for my birth certificate and change of name deed poll from 1999.

After a long exhausting day I have found these yesterday evening.

There is an email address on Kent Reliance 'brokers@krbs.com'

can I just email my copies of the above directly to them to save 'the middle man' in this?

its just that if I email them the documents they would get it immediately, if I email to my advisor I have to wait for him to send it on and I know him very well, he won't do this til say 4pm on monday instead of 9am and that means another day wasted???

or shall I just ring him at 9am and be VERY VERY PEDANTIC 'can you please send now' and keep ringing him every 5 minutes until he tells me he's done it?

he takes ages to do anything :( I just want this to move on

thanks

Comments

• TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The lender may want a certified copy by the broker. I wouldn't hurt to send it to the email address and the forward that email to the broker for Monday and ask him to check they have received it. It brings him back in but achieves your desire to get it to them asap. Be prepared for the broker to need to certify it and resend it though
    Don't forget to put the account reference in the subject header with URGENT in the title
  • nobodysdriving
    Options
    The lender may want a certified copy by the broker. I wouldn't hurt to send it to the email address and the forward that email to the broker for Monday and ask him to check they have received it. It brings him back in but achieves your desire to get it to them asap. Be prepared for the broker to need to certify it and resend it though
    Don't forget to put the account reference in the subject header with URGENT in the title

thanks I've already emailed these to broker last night (so was thinking of emailing them to lender now), he did not ask to see the original, he said that a scanned copy of the original emailed by me was enough, indeed all of my documents have been submitted this way, they did not want anything certified. the only time I had to have something certified was copy of my passport to the solicitor but not the mortgage lender...
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PDF's can be manipulated. The lender may well require the original documents.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    I dont think you sending it directly will help - if anything it could cause problems.... you send it, they sign it off then at the last minute they check the file and find its not certified.

Fire it over to your broker and let them deal with it, Kent arnt going to touch it between now and monday morning anyway so its not like it will hold anything up.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • nobodysdriving
    Options
    thank you, I will leave it and instead 'harrass' my mortgage advisor monday morning to email it over the them immediately.
    No they never wanted originals of anything, just scanned and emailed copies of things, same for this, they asked only for a scanned emailed copy.

but yes, I will leave it alone, thank you everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure