Barclaycard 26 month offer - not what you get

How come this site advertises Barclaycard's 26 month 0% balance transfer offer as the card the customer will get if they apply when that is not true?

Just under half of all customers who apply for this card will be declined and instead offered a 12 month 0% Balannce Transfer Credit Card.

Just check out the summary box on their application:

You may not even get the same APR they are advertising! This should be picked up by this site before they encourage customers to apply:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    SCO123 wrote: »

You may not even get the same APR they are advertising! This should be picked up by this site before they encourage customers to apply:

I would have thought that fact is pretty well known and is true of all lenders. Only 51% need get the advertised product.
  • I suppose, but I think its drastically less known that they offer you a different duration for the promotional rate
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    SCO123 wrote: »
    I suppose, but I think its drastically less known that they offer you a different duration for the promotional rate

Indeed, and not many providers do, but its not unheard of; Halifax do this with their one card (although they do make it perfectly clear in the summary box).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure