Great Grants Hunt

15678911»

Comments

• sab_100 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    does anyone know how I find out about funding for computer courses? I dont mean basic courses but the mcse etc as my husband has been going for interviews and is being told that he needs that qualification however we simply cant afford the cost.
    any advice would be great!
    Thanks
    sarah

MY friend who works in IT as a IT manager and engineer for local schools and other companies told me the following when i approached him about a course i was interested in doing with a company called the learning people but never did as there too costly"

he said to me Do not go for MCSE as it is being retired soon and replaced with something else, there are being replaced due to windows 8 and cloud technology and explorer being retired soon...Excreta" There is also other aspects it just depends on what your husband wants to do in terms of fixing computer issues (support ect) or engineering or just networking It depends on the position he wishes to do for example if he wanted to be a network engineering then consider Cisco or A+ which also can lead from my friend telling me a while ago to other routes of employment

Anyone know if you could get a grant also for professional It courses as mentioned i was interested on doing a windows engineering course but its about 2k which i cannot afford.

cheers
    Disabled But Bloody trying to change my life
    Screw you Goverment.
  • I want to study for an NCTJ in journalism and I would really like to avoid having to borrow £3k for the course.
    Are there any grants out there that could help, as I am not in a position to pay the full fees.
  • My husband has just finished a course in Carpentry (city and guilds). He is looking to set up as self employed, but wondered if there was any help to set him up with van and tools?

Sorry to ask on here, but I get so confused with the grants search.

He is 36 and from wales.

I would be so grateful for any help you could pass our way...
  • fewgroats
    fewgroats Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    gemmad89 wrote: »
    Is there any grants available for becoming a tutor or teacher of Maths / English / employability? I am currently unemployed however partner earns an average income!

Gemma

A number of trainee teachers I know use the Facebook group Get Into Teaching, but I don't know if it's the best source.
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
  • under refuse services, because recycling's so important there. I don't know if the kind of project you're describing would be covered by the awards I've seen, but I'm sure the council would have to approve anything like this done at school
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure