JPMC RE PAYPAL INT direct debit appeared??

Comments

• redtbs
    redtbs Posts: 8 Forumite
    I deleted mine and then all of the payments that I had recently made via paypal were reversed and the sellers on ebay didn't send me my goods. I was able to resolve my negative balance on paypal by calling them and then set up the direct debit again from the paypal website but it has taken ages.
  • I just noticed this in my direct debits, as I have just switched banks. I googled it, and it led me here. This isn't anything to worry about, as I rang Paypay, and they could see the transaction, and that it was linked to a recent purchase, I made a week earlier.
    Anyway, if it was a scam, as its a Direct Debit payment from your bank, they would be responsible for refunding/sorting it out if it was dodgy.... in short? Nothing to worry about.
  • completeranker
    completeranker Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 21 May 2012 at 12:47PM
    I recently came across this too on my bank statement. The amount was for £40 and it had already been taken out. I contacted Paypal and they did get back to me and said that there was no such transaction in my Paypal account and advised me to contact my bank. I did stop the direct debit as I have made no purchase for that amount anywhere online.

Also to let you know that when I send emails I always have something like this at the end of each email:

"A copy of this email has been kept and a screenshot of this enquiry message on your suport page has also been taken for future reference."

The reason why I write this and actually do what it says in the message aswell is because it assures the guys receiving my enquiry, that I have kept a complete record of every message sent, including screenshots too. In this way if they do not reply I can atleast show them my side of things.

Anyway I will be contacting my bank and I'll keep you updated on exactly what this is ...... hopefully.
  • melbell
    melbell Posts: 488 Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    Doing a google search this appears to be a scam, so I would remove the DD from your bank account immediately and change all your bank log in details and paypal passwords imemdiately.
    |Not quite the "expert" then?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    melbell wrote: »
    |Not quite the "expert" then?

Aw bless, it took you 4 years to catch me out..shame you missed my apology on that same day 4 years ago.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mark_G
    Mark_G Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This is legitimte.

If you set up bank funding on your paypal account they take or pay in 2 very small amounts to verify your bank account you then input theses amounts into the relevant page on your paypal account. Then when you buy anything from any website offering paypal, the payment will come direct from your bank. It's called Direct Bank Funding. It is used if you have a zero balance on your paypal account. You can also setup a credit/debit card in a similar way.
    So its not a scam.

If you have any queries just log onto your PP acount and check your transaction history against any payment you see on your bank statement.

Hope this helps.
    In The Silence Of The Night, We Still Hear Their Screams...
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mark_G wrote: »

Hope this helps.
    4 years later, are you an economist?;)
  • Mark_G
    Mark_G Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lol :)
    I have just noticed it on my online banking, so like other people did a google search and came up with loads of people saying 'scam', then I thought of actually cross referencing everything with my Bank and Paypal, and everything is as it should be.

Considering MSE came up in the top 10 I thought I would elaborate on here a bit more for future people doing a google search.
    In The Silence Of The Night, We Still Hear Their Screams...
  • JPMC paypal is because you set out a Spotifiy Account like me thought this to be a one of payment £4.99, but they take from your account every month 59.88 a year
  • JPMC re Paypal is because like me set up a Spotify account of £4.99 a one of payment as I thought, but no they take every month a total £59.88 a year. hope this helps Blodwyn
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback