Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Options

Comments

• MeriCaska
    Options
    Really thanks for sharing such useful site with us.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I'm only doing e-rewards and rewards for thoughts now, as I'm trying to collect as many avios as possible. E-rewards are particularly good, as they will give you a small credit even if you don't qualify for the survey, and those small rewards quickly add up.
  • sonicology
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    I'm only doing e-rewards and rewards for thoughts now, as I'm trying to collect as many avios as possible.
    I've been doing the same, but I gave up on Rewards for Thoughts though as the rewards didn't seem with the effort.

If you didn't already know you can have two e-rewards accounts active, one linked to your Avios account and the other to your BA Executive Club account; between the two you can pull in 4,000 avios per month if you're willing to put in a little effort.
  • amyreitz
    Options
    I would like to warn people about Toluna, it is super shady.

Basicly they let you complete the survey to the last page and then tell you that they have filled their quote and don't need your survey anymore.

This way they collect your data, let you do the work but avoid paying you.

Avoid, complete scam.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    amyreitz wrote: »
    I would like to warn people about Toluna, it is super shady.

Basicly they let you complete the survey to the last page and then tell you that they have filled their quote and don't need your survey anymore.

This way they collect your data, let you do the work but avoid paying you.

Avoid, complete scam.

I've never joined Toluna because I read that they pay very low rates.

The quota full lark happens with a lot of survey sites.

I don't know why survey sites don't just let people start the survey only if the quota isn't full. That is how Prolific do it. You never get a message on Prolific during a survey saying the quota is full.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 March at 4:50PM
    Options
    [quote=[Deleted User];71394630]They are part of the same group, I dropped mysurvey recently as I used to get too many errors when submitting surveys, plus their customer service is pretty rubbish. I persevere with GTM as I cash out once a month with them and they seem to have less errors than Mysurvey but I still think there are much better sites out there.[/QUOTE]

Are these sites paying in cash that could be withdrawn or just Voucher, etc ??
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Are these sites paying in cash that could be withdrawn or just Voucher, etc ??

GTM and Mysurvey pay in cash via Paypal.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    sonicology wrote: »
    ... you can have two e-rewards accounts active, one linked to your Avios account and the other to your BA Executive Club account; between the two you can pull in 4,000 avios per month if you're willing to put in a little effort.

I've just signed my OH up to e-rewards from the Avios web site.

The only option for redemption is currently through Avios.com

Is this normal?

I've had my e-rewards account for many years, and I was invited to sign up by Hilton. I have a huge choice of redemption partners, including Iberia, which gives you more Avios for your points than either Avios or BAEC.
  • amyreitz
    Options
    I think it is important to give other members the heads up and warn them of dodgy sites like Toluna.

Are there any other dodgy sites like Toluna?

What about Populislive? I heard they avoid paying members by stopping sending you surveys once you are close to the pay out threshold.

I think if a survey site pays you less than the minimum wage per hr they are not worth doing.
    Otherwise you might as well work a couple of hrs in your local pub or charity shop.
  • maggiann
    maggiann Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I've been with Populuslive since October 2010, I've had ten payouts of fifty pounds, the latest one this week! I think if you keep your profile up to date and always read the questions properly and answer honestly it works well. I'm with other sites and I'm slowly getting rid of them, so many of them are a waste of time. Just found out Tickbox has gone and no chance of getting my rewards now! Has anyone else found sites that just close or stop contacting you, I'd be interested in other peoples experiences.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback