Mortgage advisors

2»

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    kingstreet wrote: »
    I think a few days away from posting on here will do me good.

I'm putting in 50 - 60 hours a week on paying work and it seems to be affecting my ability to express myself coherently on here.

Or just add OP's to the list of ignore. Some people don't appreciate the time and info you give out free of charge.

I have found your knowledge to be very useful over the year I have been on here.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • ap1985
    ap1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    I used them previously when making a query about mortgages and they appointed me to an advisor who asked for my credit report. Unfortunately i didn't go ahead with them in the end but it seems to be standard procedure for a broker to want to view your credit file.
    :jFinally going to be a homeowner:T
  • I think the problem with this site is there are people who are genuinely worried / looking for re assurance and when all the replies to there post say contact a broker / see a broker they get disheartened with the website and forum.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    I think the problem with this site is there are people who are genuinely worried / looking for re assurance and when all the replies to there post say contact a broker / see a broker they get disheartened with the website and forum.
    Its usually because the people who are worried are the people who need a broker to give them every possibility of getting the mortgage.

It does not mean it can not be done or that they will be paying the bank of timbuktu 15% interest. It just means there are lenders who will not lend to them, so rather than risk doing more harm than good get professional help....the same way I do when I want a carpet fitting or my car fixing.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • nicos42
    nicos42 Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi so to update anyone the advise I got from that online broker was very biased and poor and the fee dependant on me taking life or income protection. They lost interest on looking for a mortgage the moment I told them I have a congenital heart condition even if is not life threatening. I found another broker she is great!
    I do agree that a broker is needed. As another poster said. For everyone. Because they do search whole market and can help a lot. But if they don't recite your consumer rights before even asking for credit reports and if they not clear about their fees and offer discounts for taking our life insurance with them than I think I don't want to deal with brokers like that!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure