Lidl Bifinett breadmaker - any recipes that work?

Comments

• wizzkid_3
    wizzkid_3 Posts: 115 Forumite
    Just to update on the BM. I returned the BM to the store, they refunded, end of story. I bought a Panni and we had our first bad loaf this morning, my son forgot to put the paddle in :D, he was so dissapointed bless him! The Panni is soooo much better quality than anything else I have seen. If they did a double paddle pan it would be perfect.
  • wizzkid wrote: »
    Was trawling through the Biffinet threads last week to see if it was worth getting one of these, or get a panasonic. We decided that if it gave us a near decent loaf it was worth it as it would be a long loaf rather than a square one.

I got one on Monday and it is wonderful! I cannot praise it enough, we have had wonderful loaves from it, far better than any I have had before from a BM, and just as good as bread from a panasonic. There is also a little order form for a replacement bucket and paddles, for £7! Much better than I've seen on ebay.
    Hi, My sister has just given me her bifinett BM but it has a paddle missing, I've not been able to find a replacement. Do you have an address/phone number on the replacement orderform please?
  • I've just bought a Bifinett KH1171. The recipe book doesn't refer to flours by name but by reference #s. But the manual doesn't explain these references. So what are flour types -
    997 ?
  • tigergold
    tigergold Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    gosh, not seen this thread in a while.
    got this from wikipedia:
    German flour type numbers (Mehltype) indicate the amount of ash (measured in milligrams) obtained from 100 g of the dry mass of this flour. Standard wheat flours range from type 405 for normal white wheat flour for baking, to strong bread flour types 550, 650, 812, and the darker types 1050 and 1600 for wholegrain breads.

Personally i use
    strong bread flour - tried sainsbrys,lidl,hovis
    self raising when making cakes.
  • Thanks tigergold. I'll check for details on wiki. Wow these Germans think of everything!
  • Just wanted to post a successul recipe I have been using daily, in the bifinett machine.
    350ml tap water, 2tbsp oil, 1tsp salt, 2tsp sugar, 400g strong white flour, 120g wholemeal flour, 1 sachet fast-action yeast (currently using Asda's). Put it on prog 3, change weight to 1000g loaf, and medium crust. Works every time! Takes about 3 hours and 25 minutes. I always put ingredients into the pan in the order I have given them, with the yeast in a well in the middle of the flour. Hope that helps someone.
    December GC: £350
  • I am an ex-pat living in Spain and have just bought a Lidl breadmaker and a packet of bread mix. The instructions are not in Enlish but I sussed out that the quantity of mix is 500 grams flour to 350 ml water. The consistency was very liquid so I added more flour to the mix - which at the moment is still cooking, so not sure if it will come out OK - has this happened to anyone else and I would also be really grateful for some cake recipes to use in the BM. I had a Morphy Richards BM in the UK and used to buy cake and bread mixes from Macro, they were brilliant - but I gave the BM to my daughter in law before moving to Spain - wished I had kept it!
  • I too live in Spain and have just bought the Biffinet breadmaker. I tried the bread mixes from there to make by hand but was not too impressed. I used the recipe from the booklet supplied with the BM and it came out perfect. In fact too perfect as we are all walking around with melted butter sliding of our chins :wink: I used the cheap flour from Lidl, cheapest marg and their cheapest milk. I will work out the cost of the loaf including the electric for those of us in Spain. I know the flour is 45cents for a bag, milk is 69cents and the marg 59cents. But I cannot remember how much I paid for the yeast so I will have to guess at that.

I paid €55.00 for my BM yesterday which is about £42.00 I will get back to you on the cost.
  • tigergold
    tigergold Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    To help you out with the costings, I buy the Hovis fast action yeast in sachets - cost 10p per sachet (use for one loaf).
  • Just to say I've had the Bifinett KH1171for nearly a year, and it's fantastic. I'm coeliac - cannot eat wheat, oats, barley or rye - and prescription gluten-free breads are awful so I make my own but do not really have the time or patience for yeast baking. I bought the BM after doing quite a bit of research which suggested - at least to me - that it was at least as good as the Panasonic SD25* models recommended for coeliac use. I also bought a book of BM gluten-free recipes and have had excellent results with these, including the doughnuttiest doughnuts I have ever eaten, even before coeliac restrictions! None of these recipes require the Bifinett's Gluten-Free setting, just the Basic/Dough/etc as appropriate. I've only used the GF setting once, when making a loaf from a Doves Farm flour pack. I've made some wheat loaves for the family, which they say are good. All in all, probably the best £25 I've spent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure