Lidl Bifinett breadmaker - any recipes that work?

Comments

• malamala
    malamala Posts: 491
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got one from Aldi, upon testing, I found one of the paddles not working, so I took it back to exchange it.

It made very good bread and I love the tin size which is like the shape of any shop bought bread loaf. However, within a year one of the paddles refused to work (again!), so I threw it away. Would not buy breadmaker from Aldi again.

Reading all the comments on here, was going to get a Panasonic SD253, but really don't like the shape of the tin (just like my first breadmachine), so I got a Kenwood Mixer instead.
  • alsmith_3
    alsmith_3 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Thanks for the posts- I've done a bit more research on the Lidl (Bifinett) breadmaker(s). There have been 3 models that I've found, the latest model has one large bread tin, the earlier one could take two smaller tins for 2 loaves at once. I've seen a few posts about paddles failing but I've not seen any saying they give poor results- apart from greentomato, I wish she'd posted a conclusion rather than leave her criticism open.
    (If anyone is interested instructions can be downloaded from http://www.kompernass.com/pages/index.php?lang=en )
    Anyhow, I looked at the machine today and tr3mor is right, it's huge. It is a proper shaped loaf (not square and tall), 2 paddles which I must admit I'm a little dissappointed with/apprehensive about- it's a shame that the fold down MR paddle has a smaller shaft so doesn't fit. At £25, 3 year guarantee, 28 day money back guarantee I came back with one. It's unpacked and I'll set a loaf to bake tomorrow using a Laucke breadmix (because it's nice) that makes a 1Kg loaf. Hopefully it will make a good one, but I'll post back to advise!
    Thanks to everyone for their input and advice.
  • i always use top flour (allison one i use) and the same for the yeast(hovis)the price your saving the bread alone makes up for the ingredients,then i put the ingredients in all 4 corners and the yeast in a little well in the middle and away to go:money:
  • alsmith_3
    alsmith_3 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Well, I have to say that the first loaf was a success. I had to fish those two paddles out though. 1kg of crusty white bread dough raised itself high enough so the top was a little above the sides of the tin so I think 1.25kg is probably going to hit the lid quite seriously, but probably will be fine for loaves with bits in which always seem to be more dense.
    So, one good loaf, all I need is consistency now. I just wish they did those paddles as folding ones- how about an upgrade Bifinett?
    Add them to the available spares which are too highly priced (no shop display/rates etc) - with postage costs which are way too high -robbery comes to mind- you can get courier deliveries for not much more. The guy who sticks 4 paddles in a jiffy bag and sticks a stamp on must get over a hundred pounds an hour, or your subsiding the MD's company Mercedes/Helicopter/Business trips to the Bahamas. Unjustifiable for the paddles.
    To get spares you are paying an extortianate amount of over 50% of this machine, over 70% !!! for the earlier models. NOT impressive.
  • greentomato
    greentomato Posts: 130 Forumite
    Hi everyone
    Thanks to alsmith for pming me about the revival of the Bifinet thread, as I hadn't spotted it.

Sorry for not concluding my thread. I think I felt a bit ashamed that I still couldn't make a decent loaf! :o I'm afraid I don't have a happy ending as my breadmaker is gathering dust on the kitchen worktop and my husband keeps threatening to throw it out unless it starts to earn its keep... After making 5 or so loaves, all of which were frankly inedible, I became rather disheartened and gave up. But I'm not an experienced bread maker and this was my first machine so I wouldn't want everyone to take my experiences too seriously. It could even be that I've got a faulty machine.

But I'm not completely beaten as the other day I was in Lidl and bought one of their packet breadmixes as I've heard they work better. I will try it this weekend and let you know how it goes!

alsmith - I am pleased that your loaf came out so well, which flavour breadmix did you use? there seemed to be a variety in Lidl.

Anyway I feel inspired to try again at least...
  • tigergold
    tigergold Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    This breadmaker is back in on sale in Lidl's from Monday. Thinking of getting one - can't be bad for £25. I bought the Bifinet hand blender for £10 last year, which works really well and not cheap plastic (its stainless steel), it came with whisk and chopping thing.
  • As this thread has just been revived again, I feel that I should report back that I've been using Lidl packet breadmix in my Bifinett breadmaker and its been fairly successful. The loaves have all risen well and been quite nice. I've used the multigrain one, the texture is slightly on the dense side but I think that is normal for homemade wholegrain bread and maybe also perhaps because German bread tends to be a little denser than ours anyway. The Lidl breadmix is about 99p I think but it makes two large loaves, so cheaper than other supermarket breadmixes. And I am just really pleased to have an edible loaf at last! :D

I've been sent another recipe for this breadmixer which I haven't tried yet - will report back once I have some results on that one.

Good luck and I'd like to hear how others get on with it.
  • Chezza71
    Chezza71 Posts: 87
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm hoping to get one of these £25 BMs from Lidl tomorrow too - hopefully they won't have all sold out by time I get there!
    DFW Nerd Club No.785 = Proud to be dealing with my debt!
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I haqve used the Lidl mixes and found them rather salty. bad batch maybe?
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • deebee
    deebee Posts: 511 Forumite
    interesting to read this thread, I am on my third breadmaker which is a Panasonic,previously my first one was off QVC, and my second one was a biffi whatever from Lidl, which had 2 little tins to make two loaves at a time, it was ok, but nothing great, I was very sceptical about all the wonderful reports about Panasonic machines, but when I saw one reduced to £49 quid in Tesco about 8 weeks ago I snapped it up - all I can say is - amazing, makes the most fantastic bread, haven't stopped using it, infact it is baking another loaf right now - haven't had 'shop' bread since I bought it - so my advice is save up for the Panasonic, it really is the Rolls Royce of breadmakers....off to check on my loaf now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure