Demand Letter From Intrum Justitia, Not Sure What To Do.

Hello,

I rented a car in France last year and took out excess insurance which limited my excess to €100. Unfortunately the car suffered cosmetic damage to the front bumper and I told Sixt when I returned it and they said no problem, they refunded my €250 deposit no problem and said the invoice for the €100 would arrive in a few weeks.

A few weeks later I got a detail invoice of the repair costs for €843.05 and an email from sixt asking for the €843.05 and that for any correspondence I could reply to the agent who had sent me the email.

I replied saying I took the insurance excess and that the bill should be €100 which I never received a reply to and again a couple of months later received another email from the same sixt agent asking for the full amount to which I replied that I owe €100 again which was ignored.

I received a letter this weekend from intrum and called to explain the situation and that I would pay the €100 to which I was told there was no mistake and the full dept would be pursued. Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed?

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Don't phone. Stick to writing and keep a copy.

At some point they will have to decide whether they want to risk a court claim and at that point you will need your dossier of evidence.

Their website should have details of their complaints process but it appears to contain everything except this.

Never mind, you can use this.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/sixt-complaints
  • Bilboa
    Bilboa Posts: 10 Forumite
    Thanks for the reply, I have the contract which states that the excess is €100. If it goes to court and the judge orders me to pay the €100 in the contract will that count as a CCJ against me since I do technically owe this money?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Bilboa wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, I have the contract which states that the excess is €100. If it goes to court and the judge orders me to pay the €100 in the contract will that count as a CCJ against me since I do technically owe this money?
    Why do you think losing in court means you get a CCJ?...

(you get it if you fail to pay a court order!)
  • Bilboa
    Bilboa Posts: 10 Forumite
    I actually just thought if the case goes to court and the judge rules against you that is a judgement to pay the money.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 16 November 2017 at 8:59PM
    Bilboa wrote: »

As long as you pay within a month the ccj is not registered.

But hopefully it won't get that far. Make a formal complaint and keep offering 100 euros in full settlement of the matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure