Equifax - address confusion affecting credit score

Options

Comments

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Sean_LDN wrote: »
    No, shows absolutely no missed payments at all. I've carefully gone through. Mystery.

Is it showing as any different on ClearScore?

What about Noddle (Call Credit) and MSE Club (Experian)?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • KoshB5
    KoshB5 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 February 2017 at 4:20PM
    Options
    CRAs addresses are determined from the address data provided within the financial account updates they receive and electoral role registraton, the financial account data will take precedence, all will be shown and can be used to find somebody, though the financial accounts would indicate primary place of residency.
  • Sean_LDN
    Options
    Call Credit is showing the exact same info, but rating my payment conduct assessment as good/ excellent.

I haven't got a report from Experian or ClearScore yet.

Are these credit scores just a nonsense? Or is it picking up something I can't see?

Very worried as a friend recently had a mortgage application rejected because of Equifax.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Only the data matters. The score don't matter at all.

If the data is correct, then that's fine.
  • Delboy28
    Options
    I have a similar problem. My flat number isn't on most of my credit agreements, so Equifax have linked 2 addresses when it should just be the same address. I have a poor score solely because of this. I can't get hold of 1 old credit agreement but all the others have been changed with a lot of effort. And some already had the flat number on their records when i was sorting the slight amendment to address, which was surprising as Equifax didn't. But i am being punished for my address not having a flat number. Any help much appreciated please. Young family trying to get mortgage
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's a shame that the score matters to you.

We can't help you with that, I'm afraid
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Delboy28 wrote: »
    Young family trying to get mortgage

The score means nothing, lenders (especially for a mortgage) will look at the raw data, as part of their decision making

What they're looking for from the files
    No missed payments
    No insolvency
    Your level of debt and cost of servicing it long term

From your application
    Can you afford the repayments
    How much deposit do you have
    Loan to value
    Property specifics

IMHO the best thing you can do to improve your chances of getting a mortgage is, use credit sparingly, never miss a payment and save for a biggest deposit you can.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Delboy28 wrote: »
    I have a similar problem. My flat number isn't on most of my credit agreements, so Equifax have linked 2 addresses when it should just be the same address. I have a poor score solely because of this. UNLIKELY. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT YOUR POOR SCORE IS SOLEY DUE TO THIS? I can't get hold of 1 old credit agreement but all the others have been changed with a lot of effort. And some already had the flat number on their records when i was sorting the slight amendment to address, which was surprising as Equifax didn't. But i am being punished for my address not having a flat number. Any help much appreciated please. Young family trying to get mortgage
    So you have your address with flat number linked to your address without flat number. No big deal. This should not be causing you any problems. As you have several credit agreements already, it doesn't appear to have caused you any problems in the past. For future applications best to use the version of the address which corresponds to electoral roll entry.
  • Delboy28
    Options
    The reason for my worry is my mortgage man has strongly advised me to sort this out as a lot of lenders use Equifax and Experian themselves to look at the score first. A poor score is what they will see and so the payback he worked out would actually be about a £100 more a month. I'm sure a lot of lenders will see the minor discrepancy on further inspection but would they lower their fees accordingly?! i think i'm right in saying, buyers first have to be mortgaged approved, then lenders do the 2nd check/final check and your mortgaged.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your mortgage man is a moron. No one sees your credit score apart from you.

Punch him in the face and get a proper broker.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure