CSA problems

Usualy get my maintenance put in bank between the 5th and 10th of every month(don't know why it changes considering it comes out of x's account same day each month) however...
On the 10th of this month money hadn't gone in so i phoned them and they said it's been processed today and should recieve it by Friday 14th. Friday came and still no money in the bank :mad:
Rang them again and they said "oh its been processed today but with it been bank holiday you wont get it till 21st at the earliest"
Well as you can imagine i was livid, had to cancel a trip to the coast with the kids which didn't go down too well.
Has anyone else had these problems with the CSA and if so did you complain and what was the outcome?

Comments

• Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    You have to keep nagging them, in the end they will do as they are told to shut you up :D
  • I understand totally how you feel,having been in this situation many times myself. They always throw the Bank Holiday's into the equation as it helps them to make up a feasible excuse.

Is it a Deducation from Earnings Order that's in place? If so, there isn't a chance your ex has changed jobs? I only ask because mine did that just before Christmas and the CSA fobbed me off with promises about payments which never materialised. Maybe worth checking out if you can, just in case.

I know there is a system in place called "Special Payments" which is usually a £50 payment if they seriously mess up. The CSA don't tell you about this but I have their address (if you pm me, I'll give it to you). I don't know if you'd qualify but if you don't ask ...... I always take the name of the person I speak to and write down everything they say to me. If they don't follow it through, I call again and speak to their supervisor dropping them well and truly in it. I have learned this through 6 miserable years of dealing with the CSA.

I do sympathise with you and your kids - I know how heartbreaking it is to let them down.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport