PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Flat roof on extension - will it leak

Options
2»

Comments

• anselld
    anselld Posts: 8,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From the pictures it ha been badly fitted, particularly the corners round the skylight have been bodged.

Also there should not be wrinkles (badly stuck down) or pooling (roof structure incorrectly built.

All flat roofs will leak eventually and EPDM if correctly fitted will easily outlast torch-on felt, but it is only as good as the workmanship which here looks poor.
  • JoJo1978
    Options
    I have a flat felt roof on an extension fitted 11 years ago. In the 9 years that we have lived there we have never had an internal leak, and rainwater flows into the gutter quickly. Our buyer has recently had a survey done and I was in at the time. He commented that although they don't look the prettiest, a well-fitted flat roof can be fine. Just ask your surveyor to pay particular attention to it.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 November 2017 at 1:56PM
    Options
    I've just tried it again to see how it works. Just copied and pasted - the forum sized it to fit. I'm using Firefox - could it be a feature of the browser that allows this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure