transfer music from iphone to itunes to put on another iphone

ktcoil
ktcoil Posts: 559 Forumite
Debt-free and Proud!
Hi guys

Just got a iphone with was my partners, i have loads of music on my iphone and wanted to transfer onto this other iphone, i hooked my iphone up and itunes opens and i can see my playlist with all my music which is on my iphone but there is only 1 song on my music in itunes, when i hook up the newer iphone it opens up but as different name iphone and i cant seem to find a way of saving music from mine to itunes so then i can possibly move it/copy to the newer one? its a pc i am using.

Comments

• chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I used a programme called idump to transfer my music from an iPod to my PC and then then used iTunes to put the music on another device.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Can you turn on the sharing facility in iTunes?
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can you turn on the sharing facility in iTunes?

Surely all that will do will allow the content of the iTunes library to be shared? Not the content on the iPhone?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    googler wrote: »
    Surely all that will do will allow the content of the iTunes library to be shared? Not the content on the iPhone?

Perhaps I didn't explain it properly.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-transfer-music-one-iphone-to-another-itunes-home-sharing-anytrans-3612963/ explains it.
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

In short, if the OP actually wants to physically copy the music, and they didn't purchase it through the iTunes Store, and they don't have it in the cloud with an Apple Music account, the solution is third-party software .... ?
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    With Android you phone is also a backup of your music. With iThings you must keep a separate backup on disk. I always want a backup to exist outside of iTunes so am prevented from using iTunes to buy music, especially on the fly while traveling. Better to use Amazon where you can do what you like with MP3s you can download and sync and even get a free physical CD with sleeve notes. Apple prevents direct downloads from Amazon to iThings so buying music while traveling with iPhone and without a PC is near impossible.
  • It's quite annoying while you getting a new iPhone but don't know how to transfer the songs from the old iPhone to it. Due to the copyright issues, it's impossible to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone directly. Fortunately, there is a tool specially designed to copy music from iPhone to iPhone – Phone Transfer, which enables you to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone without a hitch. You can transfer all your music from an iPhone to another with a simple click.:j
    Here is the guide: recovery-tool.com/phone-transfer/transfer-music-from-iphone-to-iphone.html
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You're meant to have all your music in iTunes, from where you can sync all or some of it to your iDevices. You're stuck with music on an iDevice, but not your computer. Have a search for yamipod which is software which can certainly sort out iPods, I've never had to try it on iPhones.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    sichougzou wrote: »
    :spam:

All this poster's posts are :spam:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income