Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    melissa75 wrote: »
    Well Flourgirl - funny you should say that but I do have another bit of news! Yes - I am pregnant again!!!! I'm only 13weeks at the minute so I've got a long way to go - I'm due on April 3rd. I'm getting a bit panicky - I hope I'm going to be able to cope with 4 of the little bugge** running around!!! Oh and seeing as though you seem to have a crystal ball - can I have this weeks' lottery numbers lol???????

Whoooo Hoooo!!!! Thats brilliant news Melissa, awe a spring baby, how lovely.:j:j Sorry I'm keeping the winning lottery numbers a secret :rotfl: If I win lots of money we will all go on a crafting holiday!!
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    Well Flourgirl - funny you should say that but I do have another bit of news! Yes - I am pregnant again!!!! I'm only 13weeks at the minute so I've got a long way to go - I'm due on April 3rd. I'm getting a bit panicky - I hope I'm going to be able to cope with 4 of the little bugge** running around!!! Oh and seeing as though you seem to have a crystal ball - can I have this weeks' lottery numbers lol???????

Thats fantastic news Melissa congratulations.
  • ScattyJan
    Options
    wooohoooo Melissa congratulations
    I have just been reading back with the idea to do a long post saw your news and forgot everything else!
    Happy Birthday Npsmama
    I just blo*ged a couple of makes including my first ATC card, I quite enjoyed it and found it quite challenging.
    Am feeling a tad worn out with all the building work and dust, but trying to keep focused on the end result.
    I hope your okay Rusty
    Lots of Love to you all
    xx
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    Congratulations Melissa - and I thought you needed a bigger house to fit more craft stash in :rotfl::rotfl: Blimey Craftygran they must have kept you busy - saying that my aunt had 5 under 5 and no twins or anything:eek::eek:

Glad that's all over and done with for me and am far too young to be a granny :p One of neighbours is in labour at the mo so might have a new resident in the lane shortly :)
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • craftygranny
    Options
    Craftygranny - lucky you getting a new craftroom!!! I really think though that you do need loads and loads of workspace!!!! I basically bought a load of munchies from Home Bargains - spent £30 on sweets and crisps (well and a few other things)!!!! Now that I'm pregnant I've given up the diet so I can stuff my face again!!! I can't believe you coped with 5 kids!!! Mind you my OH's Dad is one of about 8!!!

That was the problem lots of storage but not enough workspace . So i'm going to try far less storage and more workspace and hope for the best.

A few years after i had the twins i had 7 children in total as my brother passed away and his two children lived with me until one went to live with her boyfriend and the other joined the army. That was only about 3 years ago they left.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Awwww Melissa, a new baby. Many congratulations :T.

NPSMama - Happy Birthday :bdaycake:

ScattyJan Don't envy you all the dust and mess. We were lucky, when our renos were done we were still living in our old place, sold it and rented it back for a few months as the new owners weren't in a hurry to move.

craftygranny How exciting to have your craft room re-done. I'm sure you'll enjoy planning it!

jazabelle I was really interested to read about your reiki session. I've not had it but wondered what it was like. I hope you feel some benefit from it.

flourgirl
    Glad you enjoyed your day in York. Sorry Papermill was carp. I've never been to one, the places I can get to don't have one but perhaps I'm not missing anything :rotfl: .

elysia Commiserations to your daughter, hope she's not too downhearted as it sounds as if she did quite well. I passed on my second attempt but that was over 30 years ago.

No cardmaking for me today. Got the washing dry, had my hair cut, took Poppy to the beach and she ran herself silly! She's stopped walking on her lead now. Silly so and so keeps sitting down and wont budge. I don't want to drag her and put her off walking altogether. Any dog owners come across this and found anything that helps? Can't understand it as she's been walking on her lead for a few weeks. She's always needed coaxing and short walks take a long time but we've never had the sitting down and firmly refusing to move before. It's since she had her haircut yesterday, I wonder if that's got anything to do with it? She's got less fur on her botty now so I'm surprised she actually wants to sit on the cold pavement :rotfl: .
  • pointofnoreturn
    Options
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Hiya everyone - a shiny new thread Woo Hoo! Thanks Savvy.

It's a lovely day here, the sun is shining! It was pouring yesterday and I got soaked to the skin more than once. Emily (DD1) was so nervous about it raining today as she's currently taking her driving test, so the sun is shining especially for her! Fingers crossed she passes first time! It'll be so much better for her, It takes her two hours by bus to Uni (and two back), yet it takes half an hour by car.

Enough of my rambling, sorry - I'm nervous for her! PONR - the mat has come, I'll try it later, and see if I can blog my results.

I'm off to check anything I missed on the old thread, and check the grabbit board, before I go out and do some bits and peices, have a good afternoon everyone.

That was excellent service then - look forward to hearing how you got on with it!!

Sorry your DD failed her driving test - hope she doesn't get put off like I did when I failed at 17 yrs old, I regret not learning to drive and I am hoping to try again soon 26 yrs later!!!

Ooh Congratulations Melissa - what lovely news.
    That was the problem lots of storage but not enough workspace . So i'm going to try far less storage and more workspace and hope for the best.

A few years after i had the twins i had 7 children in total as my brother passed away and his two children lived with me until one went to live with her boyfriend and the other joined the army. That was only about 3 years ago they left.

Wow - that was certainly a housefull. You must have been kept very busy!!!!

TomsMom - re bringing things back - I just hope for the best! I do take things out of the packaging and I have used a few things!

Hope everyone is ok today - I am having a day in as I don't want to spend anymore in craft shops!!!!
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats Melissa :j

Is anyone else having trouble uploading pics to their blog tonight? My last card is taking ages!
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2010 at 8:06PM
    Options
    flourgirl wrote: »
    jazabelle so glad you enjoyed your reiki session, I love them, though at first I had a really bad reaction and kept bursting into tears when she was over my abdomen, and the pretty coloured lights turned to blood red. When she told me she could see a baby at my head I had to tell her I had a miscarriage 30years previously. After that they were lovely and sooo relaxing, the feeling of well being stays with you for a while afterwards. Think I could do with a few sessions again.

I'm very sorry to hear that. It's really interesting what they pick up on. I hope you get a chance to have more sessions again as they helped you.
    TomsMom wrote: »
    jazabelle I was really interested to read about your reiki session. I've not had it but wondered what it was like. I hope you feel some benefit from it.

Thank you. She spent a lot of time 'healing' so didn't tell me a lot. She said I wasn't enjoying my job at the moment, and said my grandfather came to visit me, although I never met him. She also said a lady came to see me who wouldn't introduce herself, as she wanted the lady to concentrate on healing me, who I hope was my Nanna.

She kept getting visions of being in a car accident - although I never have, and suggested I may have had one in a past life. When all my pain problems started, the doctors kept suggesting my symptoms and joints were acting as if I'd had severe whiplash or something, although I never have. She said I may have carried it over from another life, and suggested doing some past life regression to get 'rid' of it.

Congratulations Melissa!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Options
    Melissa - oh congratulations - what lovely news xx
    craftygranny - ooh lucky you with a new craft room - I desperately need more space - its a nightmare working of a tiny desk - if oh got shot of his gym stuff that he never uses - there would be room then ;)

Also, I dont know if my thanks are registering - I am pressing it and then if I go to a link they clear so going back and doing it again - and it is really starting to annoy me - so if I havent thanked a post please dont think I am being rude - its just me being lazy :o!!

Off for a little blog hop - if I dont get back on have a nice night folks - oh and a long shift tomorrow so might be Saturday before I get back - so dont talk toooooo much - lol xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure