IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Comments

• glamgirl
    glamgirl Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thanks for all your good advice - will let you know if anything else develops
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Parking Eye lose case.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Of special interest is that the action was brought against the Private Parking Company after the invoice was paid.

Liability of the leasing company may have been an issue but I do not have the case
    details.
  • FHENNING wrote: »
    I have just got home and found a parking eye fine.... I mean invoice on my mat. At first I cursed, swore got angry, then !!!!ed off...... all the usual reactions. Then afer reading this and other sites I am just angry with Parking Eye and relieved I decided to google them.

In my case, I took my wife shopping and parked in a retail park in Havant Hampshire. I didnt see any signs or parking restrictions limiting the free parking to 2 hours, and we were in the shops on the retail park for a little over 3 hours, spending a great deal of money.
    :mad:
    I am so angry I am going to do what all Englishmen do when faced with adversity....I am going to write a letter, not to Parking Eye as that would be a waste, but to Sports Direct, Next, Peacocks, Halfords, Hobbycraft,Pet city & Laura Ashley as they must have appointed Parking Eye to spy on the customers so I will complaining about the way they treat their customers and stating that I will never visit the retail park again....

That should sort them out.

As to Parking Eye I will ignore the Invoice and subsequent letters thanks to this site. Thanks:T
    Hi
    I also just received one from Havant Parking Eye - after filling my car up mistakenly with petrol instead of diesel I broke down here. Waited for Auto Fuel Fix (superb company) to drain my tank and get me going, £180 + a wasted fill up of petrol, then a fill up of diesel another £50 and got going to receive a parking eye notice on Sat. What a month, thanks for your advice, has anyone had a court order from Parking Eye re Havant, what an expensive trip out !!!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:46PM
    Hi
    I also just received one from Havant Parking Eye - after filling my car up mistakenly with petrol instead of diesel I broke down here. Waited for Auto Fuel Fix (superb company) to drain my tank and get me going, £180 + a wasted fill up of petrol, then a fill up of diesel another £50 and got going to receive a parking eye notice on Sat. What a month, thanks for your advice, has anyone had a court order from Parking Eye re Havant, what an expensive trip out !!!

This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    has anyone had a court order from Parking Eye re Havant,
    If PE have issued a court claim, you will be the first ever. If you were merely asking whether anyone else has had one, the answer is no, PE just don't do court
  • afropuff80
    afropuff80 Posts: 15 Forumite
    So glad I found this post, I've just had a Parking Eye fine but I get scared of this kind of stuff when all the reminders start. Is it really just ok to ignore this and the subsequent money chasers?
    any way to make it stop?
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    afropuff80 wrote: »
    . Is it really just ok to ignore this and the subsequent money chasers?
    Absolutely, ignore everything, Parking Eye have never issued a court claim
    any way to make it stop?
    It stops after 3 or 4 letters when they finally realise they're wasting their money sending letters that elicit no response.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    If you dont pay asap, parking eye will start sticking pins into a voodoo doll with your name on it.

So pay up.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well guys, I'm officially letter 1 of 3 now. Let the game begin!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure