Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY

Comments

• Thanks..... Really useful. Will let you know how I get on
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bumping above the incorrectly opened new threads
  • I have been on the BA website..but the online claim form i have found only goes back to 2011 on the drop down box....my flight was in 2010........any help please?
  • My flight back from Zurich to Heathrow was cancelled by British Airways the day before i was due to fly back. The trip was organised and paid for by my work.
    Can i or my employer claim for compensation as the flight was cancelled?
    There was also a connecting flight to Belfast, could this also be claimed for?
  • Yes you can claim.Same thing happened to me several years ago,also with British Airways on business payed by my employer.
    After they finally accepted fault they asked for my bank details.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Read the FAQs, depending on the reason for the cancellation you may have a claim (not if it was weather/ATC etc. I assume the flight to Belfast left but you failed to board it so there is no claim for that flight separately
    Should be on the BA thread not a new thread
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Bumped again
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Result Update: Been battling with BA since June, usual letters stating they were waiting for outcome of appeal supreme court...as our delay was due to "technical fault" bla...bla...just got an email from BA "We have reviewed your claim for compensation following contact from the Civil Aviation Authority. You are entitled to compensation for the delay of your flight BA218 18 June 2014. The distance of your disrupted flight, as calculated in accordance with EU legislation, was over 3500km. Based on this, you are entitled to €600.00 each in compensation. I have arranged to transfer £939.77 to your bank account today". So didn't have to re-submit the case after all now that the supreme court has rejected the appeal!
    abolish call centres now!
  • Invalidation
    Invalidation Posts: 597 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2014 at 7:40PM
    Hi
    we were on the other end of this flight...BA0010 from Bangkok to London, 22 hours delay.
    Some confusion though. BA website stated it was the after effects of the Hurricane, at BKK Airport we got an A4 sheet saying tech problems and the eventual pilot said it was a lightning strike. on the inbound flight to heathrow which caused the delay to the 009 to Bangkok and then our BA0010 to London.
    We were dragged out of bed at 0400 and fed cold fried eggs, cold bacon and cold sausages !! YEUCH before being bussed to the airport.
    Ive bunged in a claim 2 weeks back but havent heard anything yet.

And surely as Heathrow is BA's home port they should have had spare Aircraft there?
    The DWP = Legally kicking the Disabled when they are down.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Posters - please read thread BEFORE posting - these should be on the BA thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4896454
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure