Sort 7 financial things in 7 days

Comments

• mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That's brilliant Rising! :)
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Welcome aboard ChopinonaBudget! You've some crunchy things to do there. That 37% is robbing you of funds that you could use elsewhere. That's a great one to sort out :)

Thanks! I admit I was shocked when I read that. I took out the direct debit option as in August I had no choice; but :eek: !!!

In our house, when things break, we just pretend they still work
  • mineallmine
    Just watched a BBC breakfast piece about energy saving using a monitor. A thirsty heater in a conservatory was one of the culprits.

Hubby to complete the second part of 1. So I'll keeping nagging I mean reminding about that. :j

Today I'll sort 5. The inventory of all direct debits. Some are monthly. Some are yearly. Some are taken for 10 months of the year. Be useful to go through these.

How's everyone getting on? :A
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    A pile of ironing first then tackle one drawer from filing cabinet. Go through each file, see what can be shredded and what needs to be kept or needs attention.

Hoping for exchange of contracts next week then can sign lease to rental and arrange for new house insurance and utilities.

Have double checked utility prices - we're on a fixed rate with Scottish Power, cannot better that so we'll stick them.
  • mineallmine
    Today I'll sort 5. The inventory of all direct debits. Some are monthly. Some are yearly. Some are taken for 10 months of the year. Be useful to go through these./QUOTE]
    Migraine stops play. So a change of plan. Looking at interest rates for a new savings account instead of the direct debits today.
    :j
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    I had a look at my direct debits too - very little that can be changed there. My big downfall is small spending that all adds up so will try to keep a closer eye on that this week.

Might have a look for ebayable things this weekend too.
    And have already written a shopping list for the weekend - essentials only, using things up that are already in.
  • mineallmine
    No 1 is complete :j

Savings accounts research done. 2 contenders. Might do that drip feed thing that the MSE savings guide mentions. So will try and sort that over the weekend.

Apart from realisation of how bad interest rates are. It's also all the restrictions about payments in, withdrawals and bonuses.

It's no wonder I put this stuff off :o
  • mineallmine
    Today's task is to reconnect the energy monitor. This helped us save quite a bit last time we used this. Found an interesting website called ecofreak. Already made me think I could turn the radiator thermostats down in certain rooms. Does anyone know if you can buy a dimmable energy efficient bulb? Traditional energy bulbs can't be used with dimmer switches but I don't know if other types are the same.

Will also try and check out my existing isa interest rate.

How's everyone else doing? :j
  • Not doing too well I'm afraid :o

Probably not the best week for me to be attempting this - was at the hospital all day on Friday so nothing achieved then and was totally wiped out & slept nearly all of yesterday as a result!:(

Still pretty shattered today but will attempt to do a little shredding!;)

Then back to the hospital again tomorrow ... which means Tuesday will probably be another write off day - very frustrating!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • mineallmine
    Take it easy rising. A little bit of shredding will keep things ticking over. Now rest :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills