Ford Mondeo Enigine Management Lights ALL On HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Doodles22
    Doodles22 Posts: 125 Forumite
    i know it isnt the same without looking because i have drums on the back, you will have discs.
    i dont know how you come to the conclusion that the guys insurance was to high so the car would be in a bad state of repair?

seen as your mongdeo is so rare then you can expect the high prices for parts and labour to continue to keep coming.

my mate has a cougar with the same v6 as yours,full leather, electric etc... but its no big deal really is it? most high spec cars come with leather,electrics,and large exec cars will mostly come with auto rather than manual.so as a mongdeo it may be rare but as a high spec v6 4 door saloon its not that rare really is it?

What car are you talking about? :rolleyes:

You seem to have moved subjects, my car is a Mondeo not a Mongdeo ;)
    Please keep up GoldSpanners, I know you give lots of useful advice but please, makesure you keep to the correct thread.

As for the parts keep coming, I have only had to replace parts I kew I'd have too when buying the car :p
    As for it's not that rare, I never claimed it was 'rare' rare did I, I said it's very rare to find a 2.5 V6 Auto with the spec it is, please keep up mate ;)

Have a drink on me:beer:
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Doodles22 wrote: »

My car is very rare ;)

I never claimed it was 'rare' rare did I,

yes i think you will find you did claim it was rare. it looks like im keeping up with what you wrote better than you are.
    ...work permit granted!
  • Doodles22
    yes i think you will find you did claim it was rare. it looks like im keeping up with what you wrote better than you are.

The car is yes rare, not many of them around :rolleyes:

You are not getting the point here are you mate;)

Maybe take a break, you'll get bad eyes, hence why your thinking the changing system is at fault.
    I asked my mate about that thought, appears I know more than you:rotfl:

I'm well proud.

Anyway, I have a 'life' to led so, I will be seeing you around this place i'm sure another time:rolleyes:

Takecare and don't forget, get that Haynes manual fault finding page out next time the wipers don't work, might be that the oil needs topping up:rotfl::T

:beer:
  • goldspanners
    The car is yes rare, not many of them around :rolleyes:

You are not getting the point here are you mate;)

Maybe take a break, you'll get bad eyes, hence why your thinking the changing system is at fault.
    I asked my mate about that thought, appears I know more than you:rotfl:

I'm well proud.

Anyway, I have a 'life' to led so, I will be seeing you around this place i'm sure another time:rolleyes:

Takecare and don't forget, get that Haynes manual fault finding page out next time the wipers don't work, might be that the oil needs topping up:rotfl::T

:beer:

hate to go all conor around here but being a timeserved heavy vehicle mechanic with plenty of qualifications in repairing light vehicles and 10 years plus as a mobile service engineer working on hybrid vehicles that are much more complexed than your mongdeo i would say i have a little bit more knowledge than you on fault finding.:rolleyes:

why didnt you get your mate to fix your car seen as he knows so much? i wont bother you with the reasons why a faulty alternator could cause any number of warning lights to illuminate your dashboard all at the same time.

how you couldnt work out yourself the fault might be related to recent work carried out by kwik fit lets us all know how much of a numpty you really are. :rotfl:
    ...work permit granted!
  • Doodles22
    hate to go all conor around here but being a timeserved heavy vehicle mechanic with plenty of qualifications in repairing light vehicles and 10 years plus as a mobile service engineer working on hybrid vehicles that are much more complexed than your mongdeo i would say i have a little bit more knowledge than you on fault finding.:rolleyes:

why didnt you get your mate to fix your car seen as he knows so much? i wont bother you with the reasons why a faulty alternator could cause any number of warning lights to illuminate your dashboard all at the same time.

how you couldnt work out yourself the fault might be related to recent work carried out by kwik fit lets us all know how much of a numpty you really are. :rotfl:

GoldSpanners, all I can say is you sound like your getting up tight about my thread 'Numpty' how childish :rotfl:

And on my final note before I go, Small things please Small minds, remember that mate ;)

On that note, I bid you goodnight
  • goldspanners

And on my final note before I go, Small things please Small minds, remember that mate ;)

on my final note before i go, i was just wondering why it took you so long to rubbish my alternator theory? i posted that way back at the beginning of the thread you had been on here regularly after that but you waited until someone fixed your car then you rubbished my suggestion.
    that tells me you also didnt rule out the alternator as if you did it you would have been on here a lot earlier making out im the fool. so please dont go talking yourself up feeling proud,when in reality as far as this thread or your mongdeo goes you have very little to be proud of.
    and im not your mate.
    ...work permit granted!
  • Paradigm
    Paradigm Posts: 3,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    WOW... I can just feel the love in this thread :)
    Always try to be at least half the person your dog thinks you are!
  • Pew_Pew_Pew_Lasers!
    Pew_Pew_Pew_Lasers! Posts: 2,579 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2009 at 12:59AM
    Shock absorbers are simple to fit. I wouldn't even have paid Kwik Fit to do that job, I'd have done it myself.

In Goldspanner's defence a low voltage can create all manner of electrical problems, so he could have been quite correct, but you're the expert Doodles.
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm amazed Doodles didn't get this problem sorted before it even began...

Why come on here and ask for advice and then shoot down the people that did try to help?

No one likes a know it all - especially ones that know it all after the event! :rotfl:
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • Sirbendy
    Sirbendy Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post
    Shock absorbers are simple to fit. I wouldn't even have paid Kwik Fit to do that job, I'd have done it myself.

In Goldspanner's defence a low voltage can create all manner of electrical problems, so he could have been quite correct, but you're the expert Doodles.

Indeedy. On my Vauxhall, if I have a low voltage/alternator issue it'd kill my ePAS and other systems and bring up a disco of warning lights. A light could have 1001 causes in a modern motor, even in a well kept one. Chafing wires due to shoddy repair isn't the first thing people would think of - you expect the repairs done well.

To be fair, I'd have said electrical system issues. But then, with Fords sometimes, I despair. Gen1 Focii especially. My mothers has a non-working heater motor and interior light - fuses are good, wiring is fine..I was scratching my head then read that the switches are quite naff, and the multitimer units on the Focii can get quite arsey and may cause the light issue.

It's something I'll get round to looking at, but it put me off the Focus, heh. Many systems on cars require ECUs now, and ECUs require a good, steady, clean voltage supply to run. I can see why the charging system connection was made.

Another reason why I can't recommend getting an ODB2 fault reader highly enough - I had warnings on mine, now I just plug the laptop in and can see alll the ECUs, voltages, sensors, live data streams etc. Dead handy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure