Remortgage Survey After Knockthrough Gap Between Beds 2 & 3

2»

Comments

• Keezing wrote: »
    When you submitted the remortgage application, how many bedrooms did you say the property has?

We said three, because technically, it is still three. Each room still has its own door through to the hall, ie you don't have to walk through one room to get to the other (although I don't know whether that actually matters or not!)
  • Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Hopefullly not a supporting wall then.

Yeah, we did masses of research, made sure we knew what we were doing and put a lintel in, plus my husband's a very good builder. He's not professional but is often getting asked to build things for other people once they've seen what he's done with our house.

Maybe not knocking through bedrooms just before remortgaging though. :rotfl:
  • Keezing
    Keezing Posts: 322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yeah, we did masses of research, made sure we knew what we were doing and put a lintel in, plus my husband's a very good builder. He's not professional but is often getting asked to build things for other people once they've seen what he's done with our house.

Maybe not knocking through bedrooms just before remortgaging though. :rotfl:

If there was a need to put a lintel in, it probably needs to be signed off by building control. Probably not a problem until you come to sell, or until the roof collapses ;-)
  • Keezing
    Keezing Posts: 322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We said three, because technically, it is still three. Each room still has its own door through to the hall, ie you don't have to walk through one room to get to the other (although I don't know whether that actually matters or not!)

I have 2 doors going into my master bedroom. I'm pretty sure it's still 1 room. I could be wrong though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure