Tesco acceptance odd??

2»

Comments

• Col81_2
    Col81_2 Posts: 69 Forumite
    I asked why Tesco would give me the card thats all. I have done a soft search and no other provider will give me one.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Col81 wrote: »
    I asked why Tesco would give me the card thats all. I have done a soft search and no other provider will give me one.
    They don't know you're in a DMP, and you passed their credit checks.

However, a DMP is an instrument that is meant to pay your creditors in equal (relative to the debts owed), but (generally) lower payments than the contracted amount.

Taking out new credit while on a DMP breaches this, because if you pay the new Credit Card in preference to the DMP payments, creditors can claim unfair payments and you can get the DMP called off entirely.

If you don't tell Stepchange and this happens, you'll have to go Self-Managed and the chances of further actions by your creditors increases if they're unhappy with other creditors being preferred over them.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Col81_2
    Well i have no choice if debters want to be clever they can call it off i wont pay another penny all they can do is give me a CCJ and i will be £12k better of by not paying it. So good luck to them
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Col81 wrote: »
    Well i have no choice if debters want to be clever they can call it off i wont pay another penny all they can do is give me a CCJ and i will be £12k better of by not paying it. So good luck to them

You just stated you want to improve your credit viability in your OP, which means that you're contradicting yourself.

How are you going to pay this £1,000 credit card bill off?

If you have a budget surplus after the DMP, why aren't you saving it into an emergency fund already. if you have no surplus after DMP/living costs, how are you going to pay this off?

You can't hope for your credit to be "looking up" and threaten to walk away from the whole thing at the same time. This is why taking out more debt in a DMP is never a good idea. Did you even contact Stepchange for advice when you faced this bill to begin with?

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Col81_2
    These are for me to sort. I came on here to ask about tesco not for a lecture.
  • Col81 wrote: »

Damn i wish i had that attitude before i had no choice than go Bankrupt...;)

No its good luck to you..they wont suffer for 6 years,they wont be skint and they wont be in the slightest bit bothered about you.
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I think as the others say. Tesco obviously have certain criteria. I'm similar to you. 2 defaults also from 3 years back and similar score to you. Applied to Tesco and only got a limit of £250. Then applied for a 0% from Lloyd's ( my bank) and got it with a £1500 limit. I run my accounts well so they must have used internal info.
    I personally hate credit cards. Only got them as my file said not having one was a negative and I want a mortgage.
  • Col81_2
    I am with Lloyds too i have a £1500 overdraft in place but do not use it, but they declined me for cards. So odd the way it is worked out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure