Do I need to send RM signed for to the Ebay GSP depot?

Or is it a waste of money, it being a very popular address? anyone had any problems?

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I always send mine untracked with no problems. At least you don't have to worry about them scamming you. Would probably send valuable stuff tracked and insured as RM and couriers do lose stuff
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,195 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I use whatever service I showed on the listing, so usually standard 2nd class, although standard parcels now have proof of delivery of course. I wouldn't pay extra for signed for if the value of the item didn't warrant it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I use RM48 no tracking but a POD. No issues with the POD updating.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Similar to Soolin, if its under £20 I don't bother with signed for, over £20 then get signed for to get the higher compensation from Royal Mail if it does go missing.

And always use the method you put on the original listing!
  • Firstwatch
    Firstwatch Posts: 282 Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    I use whatever service I showed on the listing, so usually standard 2nd class, although standard parcels now have proof of delivery of course. I wouldn't pay extra for signed for if the value of the item didn't warrant it.

Isn't the POD service only available to business users, on RM24 and RM48 2D labelled parcels? is there a link or something about this for privater ebay sellers? thank you all
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,195 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Firstwatch wrote: »
    Isn't the POD service only available to business users, on RM24 and RM48 2D labelled parcels? is there a link or something about this for privater ebay sellers? thank you all

If you buy postage online via eBay or PayPal the Number is automatically generated and added to your sale. According to other regulars on here some post offices are also generating these numbers on over the counter sales.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    soolin wrote: »
    If you buy postage online via eBay or PayPal the Number is automatically generated and added to your sale. According to other regulars on here some post offices are also generating these numbers on over the counter sales.

2D barcodes are on the horizon labels,so I don't see why it wouldnt be on the POPs
  • ontheup1972
    ontheup1972 Posts: 90 Forumite
    edited 20 June 2017 at 7:32PM
    Edited post - Never mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business