Would you ask for a doggy bag?

Comments

• I only take pizza home, often eat it cold next day.

The last time I ate out was at a chinese buffet and I don't think they would allow you to take a doggy bag at buffets. Has anyone ever asked/got a doggy bag at buffet restaurant?
  • Never need a doggy bag on my table... always clear my plate
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Better to only order what you feel you can eat and not need a doggy bag.
    As the site is all about money saving isn't ordering food you can't eat at the time a waste of money?
    Yes you can take it home if you are so inclined but that same amount of food would have cost you far less if you had cooked it at home rather than ordered more than you were hungry for, paid for in a restaurant and then took home to finish (or throw away as you didn't fancy it or it did not reheat well later).
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • I recently ate at a rather posh Tapas style restaurant. After everyone was finished there was quite a bit of food left over. They waiter asked if we would like it bagged up to take home, nobody was keen (I guess we were all very full!) and he looked horrified that the food would go to waste!! We then all changed our minds and took it all home!!
  • It depends who I'm with! With close friends I would ask. I'd like to take my own tupperware as sometimes the boxes they give you are awkward to carry but I'm not sure if I could bring myself to do it. If I'm on a date, no chance I'd be too embarrassed! Especially if they paid :o
    At a buffet? Never!!
    Nov Groceries: approx £90
    Dec GC: £31.93/£60 Jan GC: £33.55/£45 Feb GC: £0/£45
    Pot: Dec 195/ Jan 147/ Feb 114/ Mar 43
    Total: 499
  • I don't have "left over" food. I eat it!
  • XRAT
    XRAT Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mearsy21 wrote: »
    Never need a doggy bag on my table... always clear my plate

Mmm, Me too! That really should have been an option.
    (I also have a teenage son..., who clears everyone else's plate! We do try to restrict him to our table!)
  • I don't think I've ever had enough left over to warrant asking for a doggy bad. If, however, I was to over order, I would certainly ask to take the leftovers home with me.
  • pezza88
    pezza88 Posts: 28 Forumite
    I never leave food on my plate (as a point of principle), so have never had the need.

This did not fit any of the options
  • stevemcol
    stevemcol Posts: 1,666 Forumite
    I clear my own plate, then everyone else's.
    Apparently I'm 10 years old on MSE. Happy birthday to me...etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport