Ebay Wedding Dresses

Comments

• sexki11en wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies so far guys, this is really great.

I'm still looking around. Paddingtontoo - the seller you reccommended looks great as does Milly's Bridal who have replied to my email regarding the Mori Lee dress I have seen - they quoted £147 inc shipping which is an absolute bargain.

I'll update as I know more but work is getting in the way of my wedding planning lol!

My Mori Lee has come in at £91 all together changed to lace up back and with detachable train. Should have it in 2 weeks...................... and what a long 2 weeks they are.

I wonder how long it will take me to pluck up courage to open the box when it gets here. I work from home 4 days a week so am expecting it to arrive on a day that I'm out.
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • honeypop
    honeypop Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Paddingtondoo - I'm on the edge of my seat for the arrival of your dress just as much as you are!!

I think I am getting my wedding dress and 2 bridesmaids dresses from Landy (£200 for all 3 inc postage), just waiting to receive the colour/fabric samples to check they are what I want, then will be giving her the nod to start. I have my fingers crossed that yours is everything you wanted! Also, they will make me the mens waistcoats, cravats and ties in the same colour fabric so it will all match perfectly.

Sexki11en - I reckon the seller Paddingtondoo reccommended will do it cheaper than that, she seems to do copies of pretty much any dress for around £90-£110 inc postage. If it's not listed in her site, send her a picture and ask. I sent her a link to the one I wanted on the Alfred Angelo website and she said yes she can make it the same.
  • It's going to be a torment when it arrives as well coz its one of those that looks nothing on the hanger and will have to arrange for someone to come round and help me try it on when OH is out as strapless and lace up back and dressing yourself just don't go together :p

Will let you know when I get it and then again when I try it on. My friends are as excited as I am so expect they'll be straight round. Fortunately one of them is dressing me on the day and came with me on my trawl round the dress shops to help out
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My dress arrived out of the blue this morning.

I'm absolutely speechless - its gorgeous! It's been hand beaded boned with cups in and everything.
    The fabric is fantastic and the finishing is excellent.

I just can't believe how they got it in such a small package. Once I plucked up the courage to open it it just expanded.

I'm really really excited - i haven't tried it on yet as I can't manage a lace-up back on my own unfortunately and it weighs the same as ones I've tried on in shops. Yes it does need a petticoat but I'm sure I can get one for the huge amount of money I've saved.

Sorry to run on so much!
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    I guess you're pleased with it then! Can we take that as a recommendation :)
    And can we see a piccie please?
  • ellionic
    ellionic Posts: 351 Forumite
    I am glad you love the dress i have been watching this thread and waiting for yours to come to see what you think i am going to get in touch with her now and find out a bit more info on the dress i like £100 is a lot better than paying £1000 just for one day :T
    Baby Due Date 30/01/ 2013 :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 #219
    SPC4 - £207 :j
  • paddingtondoo
    Combo Breaker First Post
    This is a link to the dress - I see her prices have gone up a little since I ordered mine but its still excellent value for money. I would happily have paid at least 6 times what I have.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Wedding-Dresses-Bridal-Gowns-Prom-Gowns-all-size_W0QQitemZ360028840812QQihZ023QQcategoryZ91248QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

What you can't really tell from the pic is that there are flowers with pearl beads scattered all over the skirt and train and that it is organza overlaid with tulle. Its not quite a flouncy as the pic which is exactly what I wanted. I also asked her to make the train detachable as I wasn't sure about it but will definitely be wearing it

can't wait to try it on now and see what it looks like. I'm just so pleased with it.

can anyone recommend a hoop seller?
  • honeypop
    honeypop Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Yay!!! I received the colour and fabric swatches from her last week and have had them sitting here, waiting to see how yours is when you got it, before finally giving her the nod to start on the dresses for me.

Operation ebay dress is go go go!

I'll be the same as you, having to wait to try it on as I won't be able to lace myself into it. Let us know if you take pics of it on x
  • paddingtondoo
    Combo Breaker First Post
    honeypop wrote: »
    Yay!!! I received the colour and fabric swatches from her last week and have had them sitting here, waiting to see how yours is when you got it, before finally giving her the nod to start on the dresses for me.

Operation ebay dress is go go go!

I'll be the same as you, having to wait to try it on as I won't be able to lace myself into it. Let us know if you take pics of it on x

It's really frustrating having it sitting there. OH was supposed to be at home this morning but called in to work and I was a little miffed at the time. Am glad now as I wouldn't have been able to open it ;)

I'm still gob smacked about the great value for money and wonder how dress sellers can justify charging so much.
    I know its all about training and overheads and stuff but where are the majority of dresses that we buy here made I ask myself..........................
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    It's really frustrating having it sitting there. OH was supposed to be at home this morning but called in to work and I was a little miffed at the time. Am glad now as I wouldn't have been able to open it ;)

Don't forget to put it away somewhere safe.... ;)
    I'm still gob smacked about the great value for money and wonder how dress sellers can justify charging so much.
    I know its all about training and overheads and stuff but where are the majority of dresses that we buy here made I ask myself..........................

It does make you wonder....think I may do a little research when I go trying on soon.... especially with an ethics student DS2 - I'm sure he'd be happy with the video of the workshops coz they look really clean & a nice working environment :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure