British Gas Collective Fix Oct 2017.. problems

Options

Comments

• British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    British_Gas_Rep_Matt Posts: 179 Organisation Representative
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    just checked and i have no electric showing, it did show a couple of weeks ago

Hi deanos, I suspect it was your provisional order showing & that's disappeared as we'll soon be displaying your fully set up account.

We'll need to take a look at your account to be sure & if you'd please call our Collective Tariff Team on 0800 975 9712 & we'll check everything's okay. Cheers, Matt
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Solent_Ribman
    Options
    Having voiced my problem on this website, I'm indebted to Laura at MSE for the invaluable telephone number she posted 0800 975 9712 for the dedicated Collective Fix assistance. I spoke to a very nice English guy, who agreed that the numbers did not stack up and has amended the account to the figures quoted when activating the switch online. I'll hold my breath a bit until the written confirmation comes, but hopefully my issue is resolved. Sorry I can't help anyone else, but do try the dedicated number.
  • Ig60
    Options
    I too joined the switch within plenty of time before the closing date. So far I have had three start dates for the gas. The last date given is 25th October which means I'll be paying a higher tariff with Eon for a few days which I think is totally unacceptable. I submitted electric readings on 7th October for electric and yesterday 12th had another request to submit both gas and electric readings. The app is almost useless for informatiom, it shows I have a combined account a 2 new orders for gas with no details of electric but there are no readings showing that have been submitted on the combined account.
    I spoke to a very nice gent on the dedicated line who confirmed electricity was now with them and gas would follow on the 25th this month. He also explained that the gas reading I had submitted as requested was not necessary and I'd be receiving yet another email for a reading closer to the 25th.
    I am quite annoyed at the time I have spent reading emails from British gas only to receive another revising their information but what is annoying me most that the whole purpose of this is to save money and I'm going to end up on a regular more expensive gas tariff with existing supplier because British gas couldn't t get it right first time.
    Sorry rant over.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hi deanos, I suspect it was your provisional order showing & that's disappeared as we'll soon be displaying your fully set up account.

We'll need to take a look at your account to be sure & if you'd please call our Collective Tariff Team on 0800 975 9712 & we'll check everything's okay. Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt, i call and its all sorted :)
  • unhappychappy16
    Options
    Ok an update im now going to write to ofcom because ive just been sent over £300 bill from the company i switched from this is a second bill... there now saying ive used a greater than expected jump in consumption from the 10th october.... but british gas told me in e-mail which ive saved that my duel fuel changed to them on the 10th october ....... but the other company has all the readings ive sent to british gas over the last few days even tho im no longer with them.

Hiiting a my head against a wall now, threatening e-mails demaind huge amounts of money .......... and no help from anyone
  • jelv
    jelv Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you getting anywhere with this?

The opening gas read they are trying to use for me is lower than the actual read was at the end of February!
  • Crinkmeister
    Options
    British Gas are making a pigs @R$£ out of my transfer as well. I have had three start dates so far - two have been and gone. I have input my electric meter reading twice and my gas meter once. Nothing showing on either account. Not looking good.

Fingers crossed - seems to have gone through now :eek:
  • ripon12
    ripon12 Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm so annoyed with British Gas 3weeks ago I complained and got a case handler who was supposed to call me this still has not happened as she is on the sick
    Why a different person could not have sorted this is beyond me I am now paying twice for gas as British Gas couldn't be bothered to contact my old supplier EDF and give meter reading so they estimated it at 119 units over
    I am now emailing ofgem as I've had enough of this
  • rparry
    Options
    I have been advised that my gas switch has been completed but that MSE Cheap Energy Club is awaiting confirmation of completion of the electricity switch. As far as my old supplier (Southern Electricity) and British Gas are concerned it is complete and I am now paying BG a direct debit and have paid the final account to SE.
    Anyone else had this happen. My cashback it awaiting resolution of the electricity switch.
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    Mines still showing as in progress in the cheap energy club site although BG actually swapped me on the 30th SEPT.

So the question is MSE........why am I still showing 'Switch in progress@ and more importantly have anyone received their £30 referral cashback yet?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport