Northern rock together mortgage loan

Hi guys

I have been thinking on and off for a few weeks about this and thought I'd ask for some opinions.

So we bought our house in 2007 with no deposit using a northern rock together mortgage so 30k unsecured loan on top of a 95% mortgage.

10 years on the loan balance is 25k. The interest rate has always been the same as the mortgage (6.79% for the 1st 5 years and 4. Something since then)

Northern rock went belly up days after our 1st mortgage payment was taken and we have been under NRAM since then. They do not have any deals and they do not sell products so we cannot remortgage with them or stay with them when we move house

However our t&c state that if we leave them for our mortgage then the loan interest rate goes up to 14.9%:eek:

Do you think we have a case to try and get either a. The loan wiped (dream solution lol) b. The interest removed. C. The interest kept at the 4.something rate.

Due to the fact that we are actually unable to stay with NRAM due to us moving house? Or am I just being ridiculous?

7s
Preparing to go bankrupt April 2020

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills