Hotpoint or Tesco re faulty appliance?

2»

Comments

• Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Ignoring your double negative, I do think there's a fault with the machine, but I think it's unlikely that an indicator light stopping working properly after months of use was faulty at the time of purchase. If Tesco require, as they can, that the OP has an independent report produced, and that report confirmes that the fault was not inerent, then they will be out an extra chunk of money.

But you didn't ignore my double negative.
    The machine comes with a one year guarantee so there's no need to worry about when the light stopped working. Tesco will not be asking for an independent report while the machine is in the guarantee period.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Zandoni wrote: »
    But you didn't ignore my double negative.
    The machine comes with a one year guarantee so there's no need to worry about when the light stopped working. Tesco will not be asking for an independent report while the machine is in the guarantee period.

Does it? That hasn't been mentioned anywhere else in the thread. The only mention of guarantee has been Hotpoint's, and the weakness of that guarantee has been pointed out in post #4. If you're now bringing new information to the thread that you can verify then that may indeed make a claim against Tesco the sensible way to proceed.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Does it? That hasn't been mentioned anywhere else in the thread. The only mention of guarantee has been Hotpoint's, and the weakness of that guarantee has been pointed out in post #4. If you're now bringing new information to the thread that you can verify then that may indeed make a claim against Tesco the sensible way to proceed.

No it is guaranteed for one year parts and labour, it is the extended guarantee that is the problem.
  • Zandoni

I'm not bringing any new information to this thread, the OP clearly states that the machine is 11 months old and still under guarantee. I don't know of any white goods sold in this country that don't give that minimum period. Hotpoint also offer the 10 year parts guarantee, this is worthless as they charge so much for the labour.
    http://www.hotpoint.co.uk/register/register-my-appliance.content.html
  • POPPYOSCAR
    OP

I recently had a problem with a vacuum cleaner bought from Tesco.Thy offered a refund as they no longer stocked it, but as I bought it on the clubcard double up I wanted it repaired.

I rang Tesco Electrical helpline and they gave me the number to ring for the manufacturer which they did and the problem was sorted out.

I expect they will probably do the same with you
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    No it is guaranteed for one year parts and labour, it is the extended guarantee that is the problem.
    Zandoni wrote: »
    I'm not bringing any new information to this thread, the OP clearly states that the machine is 11 months old and still under guarantee.

Please point out the post that explicitly states that it is under warranty for a year with Tesco. It probably is, but nowhere does it say that, the only guarantee specified is the Hotpoint one.

I'm simply seeking to bring clarity to the thread, so if all white goods sold by Texco Direct have a one year warranty with them I'm sure one of you can post the relevant link confirming that.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    https://www.tesco.com/direct/help/returns-policy.page

Having trouble with an electrical item or a mobile phone purchased from Tesco?
    In relation to electronics or mobile phones, please contact the relevant helpline below. If we are unable to resolve the issue over the phone, we would be pleased to offer you the following:
    Within 30 days of receipt of the goods: Your choice of a repair, replacement or refund.
    From 30 days after receipt of the goods until 12 months: We will arrange for a repair or replacement of the goods. If that’s not possible, we’ll offer you a refund.
    After the first twelve months from receipt of the goods: You may be offered a partial refund, repair or replacement, depending on the product and usage.
    For electrical items, we reserve the right to send out an engineer or technician to inspect the goods to confirm the fault before accepting the return.
  • Zandoni
    Please point out the post that explicitly states that it is under warranty for a year with Tesco. It probably is, but nowhere does it say that, the only guarantee specified is the Hotpoint one.

I'm simply seeking to bring clarity to the thread, so if all white goods sold by Texco Direct have a one year warranty with them I'm sure one of you can post the relevant link confirming that.

As you know the guarantee is a Hotpoint one, check my link.
  • Hunter_2
    Hunter_2 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thankyou all for your input. The Hotpoint engineer has been and the problem is resolved.
    Many thanks to all who have contributed.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hunter wrote: »
    thankyou all for your input. The Hotpoint engineer has been and the problem is resolved.
    Many thanks to all who have contributed.

Glad to hear you problem is resolved.

Was it a simple repair? Were any parts needed?

That information might be useful for the next person with a similar issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure