PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm in for this month. Starting on 1st December. I have no idea what to do about budget though. Do I include Christmas extras food and booze? or do I separate it out and have a separate it out and have a different budget for that? I'm in a quandry....will have a think and come back with a budget figure. I'm open to suggestions and ideas though. :)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Count me in for December too, although mine will run from the 15th of the month again.

I will set a budget later, want to see how I manage with November first:)
    August Grocery Challenge (15th)
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tattycath wrote: »
    I'm in for this month. Starting on 1st December. I have no idea what to do about budget though. Do I include Christmas extras food and booze? or do I separate it out and have a separate it out and have a different budget for that? I'm in a quandry....will have a think and come back with a budget figure. I'm open to suggestions and ideas though. :)

I like the idea of a separate budget for Christmas extras as it can be
    planned and saved for. I found before I did this I really didnt have a clue as to how much it was actually costing and had many a stressful time at Christmas trying to provide everthing. Now that I plan and save for it, its a doddle and worry free.
    Slimming World at target
  • moonpixiewitch
    Options
    please put me down for £190 this month please - i was under budget last month , but would like to learn to walk before i try to run !! :o
    Started my own business and loving being my own boss
    march gc 144/230
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am in ,I find this really concentrates the mind my new month starts November 30th my budget for December is 200.Good luck everybody.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 22 November 2012 at 6:58PM
    Options
    I'd like to amend my December budget. I originally said £350 but the catfood/litter costs are static and I don't really need to monitor them. Instead I'm aiming for £180 for human food/household stuff please, starting December from tomorrow. Aiming for £40/week plus a wee bit for Xmas luxuries.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thanks to zippychick, rosieben and coxy for running the thread :T

Please can you put me down for £75 per week again.

I've saved up £150 on my MrA card so that's going to be for my 'extra treats'. Hopefully the normal weekly shop will come in under budget.
    I'm still in November until Sunday 2nd Dec, so I'll join you all on Monday 3rd for the start of my December GC! Good to see so many newbies :wave:
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Budgets done to here :)

Welcome pamsdish :)

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please can you put me down for £220 for December please?

I have been doing the NOvember challenge so I think I can keep it low for next month as have lots of practice this month:)

My month will start on 1st and run until 31st and will include all food, toiletries, cleaning products and pet food. It's going to be tight but I have my fingers crossed. The extra savings will be helpful:D
    November NSD's - 7
  • medusasmummy
    Options
    Morning all :)
    I had my first spend of £60.32 in aldi yesterday, and i have arranged a tesco delivery for monday for £105 approx.
    This leaves me with £135 until the end of december which is scary, but i have meal planned up until friday 4th january with my food inventory so that leaves £30pw for bread/milk/fruit &veg top up shops. Definitely do-able :)

Good luck to all and enjoy the festive season
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport