Cheap Airport Parking: Heathrow Airport hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• --Tony--
    --Tony-- Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    russellf wrote: »
    I've always used Purple Parking at Heathrow,
    ......This discount coupon website has coupons for 12.5% off and currently there's one for parking at £3.50 a day

The £3.50 a day code expired a long time ago.
  • I booked the £3.50 a day code last week - it was fine...
  • FEvans
    FEvans Posts: 217 Forumite
    any idea whether the code still works.

i also received an email from them regarding a new premisis they have at heathrow - multistory parking however the link they gave me for 15% off does not seem to work
  • Nala
    Nala Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just booked a 17 day meet and greet for July 2009 for £79.95 with £11.99 cashback via Quidco - Virgin Atlantic - Airport carparking. It was cheaper that parking only!

For some reason, VA's cashback is 1% but it registered the cashback which Purple Parking offer on Quidco. It's still a great price if you get the 1% though. I think it was £112 booking directly with Purple Parking so use VA!
  • i've just gone through all the comparisons and links and found the earlier link:
    http://www.aph.com/partners/toysrus.htm
    to be a great deal. i chose the heathrow park and fly meet and greet service. i got 18 days parking and no hassle of transfer buses for £90.

i used the car park earlier this summer and they offered a super service.

i used purple parking over a year ago and got stuck in construction works for over 2 hours and missed my flight! so, though i could get PP for about £57, the extra money for the extra service with park & fly meet and greet is well worth it!
  • Nala wrote: »
    I've just booked a 17 day meet and greet for July 2009 for £79.95 with £11.99 cashback via Quidco - Virgin Atlantic - Airport carparking. It was cheaper that parking only!

For some reason, VA's cashback is 1% but it registered the cashback which Purple Parking offer on Quidco. It's still a great price if you get the 1% though. I think it was £112 booking directly with Purple Parking so use VA!

Thanks for this. I am flying with Virgin Atlantic, so it made sense to follow this through the route suggested, and because I also opened a Virgin Miles account (free to open) I received a further discount of 10%, so I got 16 days parking for £51.13!

Then we booked the Travelodge on the M4 eastbound (round the corner from the parking) for £29. So total cost was £80, which is less then parking alone. Shame the Travelodge wasn't offering the room at their £19 rate...
  • von1
    von1 Posts: 7 Forumite
    On purple parking website I got a quote for £50 for 9 days parking at heathrow if I joined up (for free). Then I went on the Virgin Holidays website and clicked through to their airport parking section which took me to purple parking and it cost me £37.75 instead! I thought that was mega cheap for 9 days.
    So try going through the Virgin Holidays website instead.
  • bootman
    bootman Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    We used the NCP for heathrow a few months back. used code 6ADAY for you guessed it £6 a day parking.
  • bridiej
    bridiej Posts: 5,775 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    £73 for 2 weeks early July at Heathrow. Good price, rubbish service.
    I booked through Holiday Extras and picked Economy Parking which is the name of a company just outside Heathrow Airport. On arrival at the reception i told them i'd be returning to Terminal 3, and they then notified me that they do not pick up from Terminal 3. I would have to walk with my bags from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 where they would pick me up there. I was travelling with my disabled wife, elderly father in law, and young 6 year old son, which was not something i wanted to hear. When i complained and asked why this wasn't posted on their website so i could decide beforehand if i wanted to continue, i was told, "Look it's not a problem, i will give you your money and you can go elsewhere". Great attitude, and if it wasn't for the fact that i'd been in traffic for 2 hours, flight was leaving in 2 hours, and i didn't have the time to drive around Heathrow looking for an alternative, i would have taken my money, put my boot where the sun was definitely not shining, and gone elsewhere.
    Avoid Economy Parking on Spout Lane North, Stanwell Moor, Middlesex.
    Unhelpful, uncooperative & rude.

If you havent already, put in a written complaint to Holiday Extras. I used to work in the admin section dealing with complaints and it will be investigated - but if you dont tell them they'll never know.

I just pop in now and then.... :)
    transcribing
  • I am going to the USA for 7 days and did the usual search for cheapest parking. I wanted Meet & Greet and got it for £54. I think the discount applies to standard parking as well, so you should be able to get a great deal.

If you are an RAC member, you can enter "rac" in the Source Code box to get 25% discount. Use Quidco to get 15% cashback.

This is my first post, so please go easy on me!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback