Duplicate Tax Disc -on taxed car with no tax disc, bought at auction

Comments

• john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    S0litaire wrote: »
    Personally I think he's Nucking Futs! But it's his Licence, car & bank balance! Just so long as he's not one of those "boy racers", That one of my mates will have to end up scrapeing and spounging off of a wall after skidding out and hitting it at over 90.
    That says it all.
  • john539
    Inactive wrote: »
    Why bother posting a reply, the OP is certain that he is correct, so just let him get on with it, I really cannot understand why he even bothered posting on here, he obviously has all of the answers.

( Even if they are incorrect ).:rolleyes:
    The world is full of clueless muppets.

Prove anything I have said is wrong.
  • John, don't be so mean. You bought a second hand car WITHOUT a tax disc. Don't try to con the original owner out of the money they are entitled to with the refund; there's a line between moneysaving and just plain mean.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    having read through some of johns other threads he has started it seems he rarely takes any notice of the responses and seems to know it all.....so why bother.

Like I said in previous post he KNOWS he doesnt own the tax but it doesnt seem to make any difference to him
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    john539 wrote: »
    Now that is a good post.

But the situation you describe is slightly different.
    You seem to be saying that people who have part-exchanged their car with the tax disc have then got a Duplicate for a car they no longer have.

Now I see why so many people are saying you aren't comprehending the replies properly

The new owners are applying for the duplicate tax disc, working exactly the same flanker on the dealership that you are about to pull on some unknown person who's naive enough to think they'll get their refund

I'm amazed you bothered to post this thread, only to rebut all the answers

It may be that you are correct, even if you have to more or less cheat the declaration about whether you bought it with a tax disc, but boasting about ripping someone off really is the pits.
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    redux wrote: »
    Now I see why so many people are saying you aren't comprehending the replies properly

The new owners are applying for the duplicate tax disc, working exactly the same flanker on the dealership that you are about to pull on some unknown person who's naive enough to think they'll get their refund

It may be that you are correct, even if you have to more or less cheat the declaration about whether you bought it with a tax disc, but boasting about ripping someone off really is the pits.

exactly,this site is about money saving,not money scamming.
    ...work permit granted!
  • john539
    redux wrote: »

No they are not the same.

The new car owner who part exchanged their old car including the tax disc, then gets a duplicate tax disc, would know the exact situation regarding the tax disc.

All I know is my car is taxed for 4 months, I do not have the tax disc & probably the previous owner will get a refund.

But what if they don't, what if the disc HAS BEEN LOST.
    Maybe it has been lost.

By getting a duplicate I am reusing/recycling the old tax disc, being more efficient & being environmentally friendly at the same time.

How good is that !
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    ... I am reusing/recycling the old tax disc,
    How good is that !

Why don't you go to this guys house and "Recycle" his TV and DVD player while you're at it!!!

2 questions

1) Did YOU buy a Tax Disk? NO
    2) Was their one in the car when you bought it? NO

Result = you have NO right to it.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite

By getting a duplicate I am reusing/recycling the old tax disc, being more efficient & being environmentally friendly at the same time.

How good is that !

how are you? a new disc still has to be printed,they dont send you out an old one.the same work goes into making a duplicate.

i think you are just trying to take a rise out of this board.
    ...work permit granted!
  • john539
    how are you? a new disc still has to be printed,they dont send you out an old one.the same work goes into making a duplicate.

i think you are just trying to take a rise out of this board.
    Paying tax twice is not Green or environmenatlly friendly.

Also you can offset your carbon footprint by buying carbon credits & planting trees in Brazil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure